Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81666 - 03/25/07 08:56 AM Looking for a Family In Cuzco, Peru
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Hello Everyone,
In May I will be going to Peru on vacation and I was interested in locating a family with the last name of Ponce de Leon. Years ago, I had a good friend with that last name and he and his family were from Cuzco. This friend of mine died at an early age of a massive heart attack. I never thought I would someday be visiting his home town. But now that I am, I think I would like to find his family and give them some pictures of their son. Does anyone know if Ponce de Leon is a very common name? Would it be hard to find this family? I know it is a long shot but I would appreciate any advice on the matter. Thanks in advance.

#81667 - 03/25/07 12:12 PM Re: Looking for a Family In Cuzco, Peru
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well Ponce de Leon is a very illustrious name in Spanish history going back to the fact he discovered Florida USA and eventually died in Havana Cuba. I have not met too many Spanish folks with that name so it should be easy to pinpoint your friend if he is from Cuzco.
this site canhelp you
http://paginasblancas.com.pe/resultados.asp?ap=ponce+de+leon...

#81668 - 03/25/07 08:21 PM Re: Looking for a Family In Cuzco, Peru
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Thank you Pedmar thumbsup I see many listings for Ponce De Leon for Lima but I am having trouble seeing any for Cuzco. I will continue to work on this but I think you have me pointed in the right direction. Yes Antonio's name always seemed very illustrious to us smile His name fit his character and I would be very honored to meet a family member. I appreciate your response.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1615 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments