Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81539 - 04/02/06 12:24 PM Paris Airport Shuttle
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola everyone!

I am going to Paris for the next weekend. On the net I found that there is a similar airport shuttle into town as there is in Madrid (Minivan, door-to-door-service). Has anyone by chance used this before? If so, any comments?

Thanks a lot,

la calma

#81540 - 04/02/06 05:18 PM Re: Paris Airport Shuttle
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
We stayed at a small hotel in a neighborhood near the Eiffel Tower, and they made our arrangements with a shuttle service. The Paris airport can be confusing the first time there. They picked us right outside the baggage claim. The young man gave us a little tour of Paris before dropping us off at the front door of our hotel. I would recommend making your arrangements with a shuttle service before you leave.

#81541 - 04/03/06 08:55 AM Re: Paris Airport Shuttle
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I cannot help you buy try the Slow Travel forum
Slow Talk . The France forum can help you.

Bill

#81542 - 04/03/06 10:37 AM Re: Paris Airport Shuttle
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi la palma, my mother in law used this shuttle service last week and said it was excellent. You call a toll free number from a pay phone in the baggage reclaim before you get your bags and when you get to the meeting point the driver is there.

Bang on time for the return trip pick up at the hotel. Two people travelling is 19 Euros each way, one person 25 Euros.

#81543 - 04/15/06 05:26 PM Re: Paris Airport Shuttle
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola everyone,

thanks for the info! I used the Parishuttle upon arrival and the Yellow Van for departure. Both services were very comfortable and efficient.
I also went to a restaurant recommended by the Slow Talk forum and had a chocolate dessert which was a life-changing-experience. No kidding! It was unbelievable gorgeous. The restaurant, BTW is called La Fontaine de Mars, No. 129 Rue St. Dominique, close to the Eiffel-Tower area. Simple, no-nonsense french bistro food, but, ah, at what niveau!

From Prussia With Love,

la calma

#81544 - 04/17/06 09:07 PM Re: Paris Airport Shuttle
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
I missed that Bistro. I walked several times down that street, and did not discover it. I would recommend Le Café Marche, on the corner of Rue Cler and Rue du Champs de Mars, food and service was excellent. Inexpensive too! Also I enjoyed visiting the open market on the bustling Rue Cler.

#81545 - 04/23/06 02:38 PM Re: Paris Airport Shuttle
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Air FRance runs buses for free to porte maillot and Opera roissybus. bus 351 from roissypole takes you to gare de l'est n the 10th arrod de paris.very cheap.
shuttle service private cost a bit more around 20-25 euros and you can inquire as to who is available at the info desk at the airport.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1672 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments