Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81446 - 06/26/05 04:35 PM NEWYORKMAN? Traveling to New York City
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi there, what a funny MadridMan party during the last thursday with some good friends like Barry...

But I am writing for asking some help, I have a just buyed tickets to New York during september, but after getting a good price for flying I see that itīs almost impossible to reserve hotel with a normal price, all the hotels offer double room with the fare for two person, instead of the typical discount you get in spanish hotels, where a double room can be offered to a single person with special discount.

I have looked hostels, but I need an advisement about good ones, not the typical NYr hostel with rats and noisy rooms.

Are you there Joesambuca?, I remember you live in Manhattan, maybe you remember me, I am Rafael, we met during the party in the Brillante.

Hope to get some help, thanks in advance.

#81447 - 06/26/05 05:44 PM Re: NEWYORKMAN? Traveling to New York City
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
yes Sir!
Rafael, how can I forget. I'm suprised September is usually one of the cheaper months here?
Well? email me @ rcnyc@u2email.com. Tell me how much you wanna budget (zero is not a answer he, he,) and I can do some research for you here.
Ciao
Joey Sambuca

#81448 - 06/26/05 06:21 PM Re: NEWYORKMAN? Traveling to New York City
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Rafael I work for a company which books hotel rooms in New York City as well as other cities. If you have some idea as to your budget, I would also be happy to help you look for a decent accomodation.

#81449 - 06/27/05 04:15 AM Re: NEWYORKMAN? Traveling to New York City
Torrales Offline

I've recently been in NYC and I strongly recommend Hotel 31 . It's the equivalent to a Spanish 2-star hotel, wonderfully located, with a bit of European charme in its decoration, immaculate clean, and very cheap for NYC standards. We payed 75$/85$ for a double room with shared bath (weekdays/Sat&Sun). There were two bathrooms (spotless) in every floor, serving to ten rooms, I think we had to wait for one to be vacant, just once or twice.

#81450 - 06/27/05 11:14 AM Re: NEWYORKMAN? Traveling to New York City
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
There you go Replay...ArthurG is the man.
Hey do you book other destinations as well Arthur?
Replay let us know when u're in town. We'll go out and party!

#81451 - 06/27/05 01:48 PM Re: NEWYORKMAN? Traveling to New York City
replay Offline

Thanks for your quick response!

I am not a "mochilero", so I am looking for private rooms with single bed if avaliable or a normal price for double room for single person, from 50$ to 125$ as much, I am sure there must be something good around Manhattan with those prices.

I will need 6 nights, I dontīmind if the price include breakfast or no, but as first time visitor I would need some hostel/hotel with a good location for trying to go walking everywhere, preferable a not a noisy place and clean rooms.

Is this possible? wink

#81452 - 07/12/05 06:47 AM Re: NEWYORKMAN? Traveling to New York City
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
replay, you mentioned to me personally that you've found a hotel in Chelsea. That's a nice neighborhood and is where I stayed when visiting my sister there (she's since moved) a few years ago. From there you can walk (and I know how much you LOVE to walk) all the way to Times Square in a direct manner. Near Chelsea you have Greenwich Village (very cool), the Flatiron Building (you see this odd-shaped building in man the New York City-based movies, photos, and posters), and not far from China Town (I don't think it's too far).

As much as you love to walk, you'll LOVE New York City. Just don't go for a walk in Central Park after dark. Enjoy yourself! Can't wait to hear about it after you get back. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1799 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments