MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#80629 - 03/24/06 06:48 AM HELP! Nasty Spy Falcon
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi - can anyone come to my rescue?

I need to remove the horrible SPY FALCON virus from my computer.

Anyone have a reliable source for a removal tool or whatever?

Thanks in anticipation.

Jo

#80630 - 03/24/06 09:30 AM Re: HELP! Nasty Spy Falcon
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Jo-Anne

You should have an anti-virus installed on your computer. It should automatically update itself with the latest anti virus protection. If you have one install see if you need to update it and then run a full anti virus scan to remove the virus

Also if you have one and it did not do it job, I would go with another anti-virus software.

I can recommend PC-cillin from Trendmirco I find it to be excellent.

I hope this helps

Bill

#80631 - 03/24/06 09:54 AM Re: HELP! Nasty Spy Falcon
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Hi Bill

Thanks - yes I've already run the updates and then the test again. Using AVG antivirus.

Have searched on the web, it seems that it's a particularly nasty virus that is difficult to remove.

Oh, and of course I've used Spybot - Search and Destroy as originally recommended by Antonio a few years ago.

Anyone else heard of it?

It's horrible confused

Jo

#80632 - 03/24/06 10:30 AM Re: HELP! Nasty Spy Falcon
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I did a search on TrendMirco's virus database and found this information

Description:
This is a spyware macro program from France. It steals emails and addresses in an infected user’s contact list and then sends the information to a hacker’s email address.

A remote hacker sends a document containing this spyware macro program to an intended user. This spyware then activates when the document is opened. It then copies itself to a Visual Basic Script (VBS) file that executes upon Windows start up. The program then copies the addresses in the infected user’s address list and then sends these information with all the emails contained in the Inbox and Sent Items folders forwarded to the virus author’s email address spyderman@free.fr. The sent emails containing the stolen information are deleted thereafter, so that this virus leaves no traces of its action.

and this very scary information

Description:
This malware can log all keystrokes, mouse clicks, window titles, logon information and IP addresses of the infected system. It creates a log file, which it sends to an email address that is specified by the author.

I would recommend that you do not do anything sensitive on your computer, like online banking until you have this problem is cleaned up.

Also it sounds from the description it came from an email. So even if you get it removed from your computer, you still have to insure your antivirus programs is scanning all your incoming and outgoing emails.

Bill

#80633 - 03/24/06 06:10 PM Re: HELP! Nasty Spy Falcon
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Phew!

Borrowed Spysweeper from a friend and it seems to have gone for now xfingers

There are no new Microsoft updates, but I've updated anyway and always have the alerts.

Mail is always checked by AVG.

Thanks for your help Bill.

Jo

#80634 - 03/26/06 05:01 PM Re: HELP! Nasty Spy Falcon
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
May be a good idea to change your passwords on different sites once you've cleaned out the viruses...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1575 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments