Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#78375 - 09/06/04 11:34 AM Florida hurricane Frances
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Just wondering about all our fellow members in Florida ( especially Carmen smile ...Booklady!) and hoping everyone is safe and sound! The pictures that I have seen so far show terrible devastation. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

#78376 - 09/07/04 05:36 PM Re: Florida hurricane Frances
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Thank you, Esperanza, for your kind words. Florida has been devasted. The worst damage was from Palm Beach to St. Augustine. In some places the beaches are "gone" houses and all. Fortunately, people did listen and evacuated, otherwise the death toll would have been very high. Frances was coming in at Daytona Beach with winds in excess of 120 miles per hour. It tore the asphalt!

Inland Northeast Florida was hit with a series of devastating tornadoes; one took out my fruit trees and a tall cypress tree in my back yard. So far, most of Florida is still without electricity. But I'm happy to be alive!

Thankfully we are getting help from our neighboring states. Thank you all for lending us your electricity and tree surgeon folks!

Next time this happens I am getting on a plane to Madrid!!!
laugh Nice to be alive!!!

#78377 - 09/07/04 07:02 PM Re: Florida hurricane Frances
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
SOOO happy you are okay! laugh I was thinking of you whenever I was watching the news.

BTW: Definitely go straight to Madrid next time...excellent idea! wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1622 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments