Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#77731 - 02/18/04 05:43 PM Europe Trip: Prague & Budapest?
Sean Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY USA
Hey everyone, I don't think I have been on this board for the last couple years. Time flies when you are having fun. Well MM, after all this time, I am glad to see it is still going well. I am heading to Europe in a couple weeks, although I will not be able to visit Spain. I will be in Prague and Budapest. I am wondering if anyone has been to these two cities, and has any advice. I will have some free time in both cities.

#77732 - 02/18/04 09:03 PM Re: Europe Trip: Prague & Budapest?
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I have heard that you absolutely must drink bottled water in those cities as the infrastructure still isn't what it needs to be, and that if your luggage is overweight, they will definitely charge you. Other than that, my friends have told me Prague is beautiful.

#77733 - 03/02/04 01:14 AM Re: Europe Trip: Prague & Budapest?
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
I was in Prague this past october. It was awesome. English isn't a problom but just remember words like prosim "A general thank you" and of course Pivo "Beer". Food is inexpensive and transportaion is also simple. Tons to see as far as history all pretty much within walking distance. AVOID CABS / Taxi's. Good party town but be careful for the crooked cops and people selling money but I felt very safe for the most part. Try absinthe!
Also, take a trip to Kunta Hora. its a town just outside of Prague great for a sunday trip. If you want more details or have questions feel free to email me.
All in all, I'm glad I went but I wish I would have went to Galicia or some other part of Spain I haven't seen.

#77734 - 03/02/04 11:55 PM Re: Europe Trip: Prague & Budapest?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I've been to Prague twice. Don't be afraid to use the room runners at the train stations. Both times we had centrally located suites in private homes with refrigerators et. al. for not much money.

Have yourself a Klobasa and a beer at one of the stands on Wenceslas Square.

#77735 - 03/05/04 11:13 AM Re: Europe Trip: Prague & Budapest?
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Any auggestions out there on getting a cheap fare to Prague from Madrid? Or the best travel agents that can get one? I checked online with iberia.com and europebyair.com Both quote prices that are north of 400€!!

Any cheap flights out there???!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2231 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments