Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#76885 - 05/15/03 10:11 PM Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MARTHA STEWART
"If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant fix-me-up."

REAL WOMEN
If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too damn bad. Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

MARTHA STEWART
"Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away."

REAL WOMEN
Take a lime, mix it with tequila, etc., chill and drink. You might still have the headache, but who cares?

MARTHA STEWART
"Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips."

REAL WOMEN
Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch, with your feet up, eating it anyway.

MARTHA STEWART
"To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes."

REAL WOMEN
Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

MARTHA STEWART
"When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake."

REAL WOMEN
Go to the bakery. They'll even decorate it for you.

MARTHA STEWART
"Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish."

REAL WOMEN
The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I just don't do it.

MARTHA STEWART
"If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening jars easy. "

REAL WOMEN
Go ask the very cute neighbor to do it.

And finally the most important tip -

MARTHA STEWART
"Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces."

REAL WOMEN
Leftover wine??

MARTHA STEWART
eek frown eek

#76886 - 05/15/03 10:46 PM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I love it! Especially the tequila comment. It reminds me of when my first son was a very colicky, crabby little tyke. My doctor told me to mix up some lemon, honey and whiskey and to sip it regularly during the day while I was nursing him. He said it wouldn't do anything much for my son, but the crying would bother me a lot less! wink

#76887 - 05/16/03 12:04 AM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

laugh I know these are too good to pass up! I particularly like the ice cream cone one! laugh

#76888 - 05/16/03 08:54 AM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
gatawannabe Offline

Loc: Madrid, but from Los Angeles
those are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got such a good laugh. Martha is way to extreme for me. And why was there nothing about calling in for pizza?

Thanks Booklady, for making me feel proud to be a real woman! laugh

#76889 - 05/16/03 09:03 AM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
Espe3 Offline

Those are awesome! :p

#76890 - 05/16/03 01:02 PM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Hey Martha...you have any tips on how to keep a Man?! BTW, a new hairdo would help. laugh laugh laugh

#76891 - 05/16/03 01:39 PM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Oh, no! Martha Stewart.

Her next great work will be; "How to make a seven course meal on a bunson burner while in jail."

I can picture it now, as the announcer comes on the air.....

"Direct from Danamora prison... it's the Martha Stewart show with a cast of thousands of innocent victims...

"Today's guest will be Mildred Stickemall, who's doing life for serving her husband as the main course for Thanksgiving dinner back in 1991.

"As a special guest, the head cook from Danamora, Silvia Servescrap will be showing how one pound of ground beef can be used to serve thousands, to insure the kick back on the food budget will be enough to pay for a Rolls-Royce in less than a month."

"Hi everyone! Martha here! For the next several months we'll be coming to you live from the kitchen, assuming I'm not locked in solitary confinement, or re-assigned to duties in the library, where there isn't one damned cook book of mine in the mix.

"My friend, and companion in here, Big Bertha Buttstomp has asked that I send a message to an old friend of hers, Police Lieutenant Edwina Trask. She wants Ms. Trask to know she'll be getting out in less than three months, and plans on stopping by for a 'social visit,' as soon as possible.

"Now on to our first guest. Mildred? Please! Tell us how you were able to stuff your husband into the oven? Didn't his legs get in the way?"

Wolf (Just thinking about the possibilities for Martha's future - eek )

#76892 - 05/16/03 02:23 PM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
I just looove those two last "ideas" specially! laugh
It's too bad my closest neighbor is such a 'loca' (if you know what I mean rolleyes )

#76893 - 05/17/03 09:19 AM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Wolfr beat me to it!
Martha: If you find yourself short at the month end a little insider dealing will soon cure that.

Real women: A little insider dealing then GO directly to jail! eek

#76894 - 05/17/03 01:40 PM Re: Martha Stewart vs Real Women!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

laugh That was great, Wolf. Will Martha be the first Billionaire woman in jail?

BTW, I have heard that she will be assigned to the prison laundry, where she will starch and iron all the pillowcases! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments