Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#80598 - 02/21/06 09:46 PM war on terror?
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
Hey you "right wingers" whats up with the selling of the port operations in five of the east coasts largest shipping ports?
No outrage? No comment, even though Secretary of Treasury "Snow" OK's the deal to sell to the Arabs! He used to head CMX one of the largest container cargo co's in the world, but sold to the same UAE people for a cool Billion and a half, Secretary of State Rice on the same Commission also "rubber stamps it"
Bush threatens to veto any attempt by Congress to pass a law outlawing this selling off of US assets to foreign entity's!
So what's up? "International Monopoly Capitalist's" just doing their thing? Libertarian and individual freedom?
Sounds like more of the selling of America to me and the silence is deafening!
Valga Dios!

#80599 - 02/22/06 07:28 AM Re: war on terror?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Actually, P&O Ltd. (British Company) has been managing Port Operations at those US Ports: Now a State-owned Company named Dubai Ports World but owned by United Arab Emirates is buying that Company and taking over its Port Operations around the world (incl. New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Miami & New Orleans). rolleyes

I am still undecided on this deal: It's OK for the Brits to Operate U.S. Ports but it's not OK for (Muslim) Arabs?? If, indeed it is voided we can expect reciprocity from the entire Muslim world. So called 'friendly' Arab countries like Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia may react and the U.S. would lose any credibility we had with them over Bush's war in Iraq. frown

It's a Jihad! And the Muslims are winning! eek

But this round we may have an 'Ace up our sleeve:' It's called the International Longshoremens Union and it's an American Institution. The Arabs are going to have to deal with them! I'm sure the Bush Regime didn't even think about those Dock Wallopers when they made the deal; but I'd rather have those guys watching my back than Rove or Chertoff.

I don't count myself as a 'right winger;' I am more a Liberal. But business is business. We all know about the Preferential treatment some Saudi's got just after 9/11 (i.e. their flight was allowed to depart Washington, DC when a no-fly policy was being enforced on everyone else). President Bush had given them a free pass! I wonder how many Petro dollars changed hands then and how much this current deal involves. rolleyes

#80600 - 02/22/06 06:21 PM Re: war on terror?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Of course it's okay for Brits (not the British governmnent) to operate U.S. ports, but not the Arabs, that is, the government of United Arab Emirates. Who just happen to be "friendly" now, but what about when they're not? Also, don't forget that while not all Arab Muslims are terrrorists, all the terrorists have been Muslim Arabs.....And, we don't have any credibility with anyone over Bush's war in Iraq, so we have none to lose. You got it, Eddie, this is all about Petro dollars. Don't believe for a second that Bush didn't know about it in advance.

#80601 - 02/22/06 09:58 PM Re: war on terror?
Pingüino Offline

Loc: Destin FL
Fulano,
This isn't...damn! I hate to use this word...a "right winger" thing. It's a stupid thing.
As best I remember my Jr. High School Civics class, the POTUS is supposed to protect "against all enemies foreign or domestic." And now it seems we have been sold out to the highest bidder. Good business relations are one thing, but dealing with this particular group is wholly dangerous.
My opposition to this whole idiotic notion can be summed up in three words: They hate us.
For my money, I will vote in 2006 and 2008 for anyone or anything that opposes this pernicious type of psychopathy.

Cogito cogito ergo sum cogito

#80602 - 02/23/06 09:15 AM Re: war on terror?
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
Yea Pinguino, maybe your correct about this latest scandal, but isn't it curious that the same people who have made a career displaying their "super patriotism",and the "superior moral" and so called "faith based" philosophy, that is put on display every election time, such as this latest batch of Bush/Barons, and the so called "conservative majority" have the same $$$$ based values, and if a choice between real patriotism and personal wealth is mandated it's all about "show me the money baby!"
"Jack Abramoff" was genius in his cynical belief that they would all become co-conspirators when the dirty filthy money was stuffed in their pockets.

#80603 - 02/28/06 06:52 AM Re: war on terror?
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Sure has been fun watching all our liberal friends objecting to the ports deal based on the ethnicity of the people who are proposing to operate the ports.

This is the same group (the left, the liberals, or just plain ole Democrats) that constantly beat the diversity drum and who demanded that a book called, My Name is Osama be taught in public elementary schools. This is also the same group that oposes the Patriot Act because it might target Arabs and who insist that Islamic religious symbols appear more in American life, to the exclusion of others.

But now, they do not want "Arabs" to run the
ports!

What a flip flop for the ages! Maybe we should send Jesse Jackson in to clear this one up!

#80604 - 03/01/06 05:57 AM Re: war on terror?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Dave B writes:
Quote:
Sure has been fun watching all our liberal friends objecting to the ports deal based on the ethnicity of the people who are proposing to operate the ports.
How about the Repubican Senators & Representatives who want to nullify the deal?? rolleyes

Sunday's Talk shows had a goodly number of them; but I guess those were liberal Republicans who may be counted with the Democrats. Speaking of 'talk shows,' it really irritates me when DHS Director Chertoff replies: "that's Classified" to too many questions. mad

It's the same ploy Government people have been using for years so that they don't have to defend their actions in public. Stamp it SECRET and we don't have to talk about it!

Ethnicity may have something to do with it, but according to reports I have read, past behavior by United Arab Emirates (i.e., recognizing & aiding the Taliban) is what concerns most Americans, liberals and conservatives alike. rolleyes

#80605 - 03/01/06 12:17 PM Re: war on terror?
nevado Offline

Please do not forget that by selling CMX Snow can now cash in on his 30+ million in stock options...if he hadn't made the deal he'd have to wait until 2011 to reap the benefits.

#80606 - 03/01/06 09:40 PM Re: war on terror?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Dave B: Your point is well taken about the lefties and the ethnic end of this mess. I am one right winger that is starting to wonder what the president is thinking to want to render this clearly Homeland Security issue to an Arab nation. I realize that he is on good terms with this particular country, as they donated $100,000 to his fathers library. Paul Harvey is the one that reported the donation and also mentioned other reasons that GWB is for this arrangement.

Today the AP released a tape of a breafing that the President was given 19 hours before Katrina reached landfall. In that breafing he clearly was made aware that the levee could be breached and of the possible consequeces yet he did not order an evacuation. This is one right winger that is starting to loose patience with him. I don't know if he is stupid, or just plain does not understand when information is place before him that it is his job to react accordingly. In any case if he does not pull his head out, he is paving the road with velvet for a Democratic take over of both houses this fall, and his job in '08.

You read it here first people, the Desert Dweller is speaking out against the war in Iraq, and a fellow right winger. mad mad

#80607 - 03/01/06 10:11 PM Re: war on terror?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Desert Dweller, right before I read your post, I finished reading the report about the AP findings regarding Katrina warnings in the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/01/AR2006030101731.html

Wow! I was stunned and outraged. Yes, I think he's stupid. And perhaps so self-absorbed he really doesn't see anyone's needs other that his own for power and money--and he'll lie about anything to keep his position. Perhaps if there is Democratic takeover in this fall, we can impeach him. I shudder to think what could happen if we let these clowns (Bush and Cheney) run things much longer. I hope the country can make it to fall without more tragedy (though I suppose that's impossible, considering Iraq). I pray that when Bush/Cheney crash and burn they don't take the rest of us with them. Someday soon I'm hoping to breathe a sigh of relief that this nightmare will be over soon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1770 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments