In a effort to post something happy and non-political in the non-spain threads, I thought I would post about one of my favourite internet site and concepts.
Bookcrossing is based on the three basic rules : read, register and release. Basically, if you have read a book and know that you will not want to read it again, register it on the website, you will be given a unique number to be written on a label that is also free on the site, you stick the label in the book and leave the book somewhere for someone else to find and read. They can then post their thoughts about the book and leave it somewhere else and so on. You can track your book as it travels sometimes around the world. It is free, simple and there is absolutely no catches. The website is www.bookcrossing.com
We also engage in RABCK (random acts of bookcrossing kindness). Here if you have a book and you think another bookcrosser might enjoy it or of it appears on someone's wishlist, you can email, them for their address and post them the book as a gift. i have done this a number of times and been on the receiving end a number of times. It is wonderful, waking up in the morning and finding a new book on your doorstep.
Check out the website, visit the forums and I'm sure you will agree that this is one of the most exciting and wonderful internet phenomenons ever. Please contact me if you want further information, my bookcrossing name is marko167.

www.bookcrossing.com

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com