Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#79456 - 07/07/05 05:50 AM London Rocked By Bombs
Kenny Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
As many as 5 bombs maybe more have ripped through london, these explosions were on the underground and public transport.

Already we have reports of fatalities.

#79457 - 07/07/05 06:41 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
As of yet, we don't know they were bombs. So far, we only know that there were at least 5 explosions although since these explosions took place in the metro system AND on (about) 3 buses it does appear to be man-made and not simply an electrical malfunction. Let's see...

Saludos, MadridMan frown

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#79458 - 07/07/05 07:25 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Prime Minister, Tony blair, has confirmed the terrorist attacks. 4-6 metro stations and three buses have exploded. The I.R.A. has denied these attacks , so the E.U. Intelligence Service, Europol and the British authorities think it might be Al-Qaeda once more.

The Spanish Government has already passed on its condolences and respect to the victims and to the British government. It has already offered its help.

#79459 - 07/07/05 08:17 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hey guys,

I am currently at work in the Regent Street, in the centre of London. It is horrible here, many of us are trapped with no way to get home due to lack of buses and tube. There are sirens every couple of minutes, signalling more injured people. The nearest blast to me was just up the road at Russell Sq. I know I am safe in my office, for now, but I have been crying, thinking about the poor people who were hurt, I have had my family on the phone, crying because they couldn't get through to me, due to the networks being down, so they thought I had been hurt.

My thoughts and love are with those who are suffering now, because of these evil people who are intent on bringing destruction and chaos to the lives of innocent people.

A mad and deeply hurt Christine xxx

PS - check for updates on www.bbc.co.uk

#79460 - 07/07/05 08:44 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Its been officially confirmed - terrorist attacks. Still no confirmation as to whatgroup of terrorists although agroup claiming to speak for al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/default.stm link

#79461 - 07/07/05 09:23 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Our hearts go out to all our friends in the UK, who suffered injury not only to themselves, but loved ones and friends, from this act of violence against the innocents of one of the world's greatest cities.

Let's all hope and pray that the parties responsible for this act are brought to justice, and made to pay for their callous act in the courts of law.

There is no greater coward than a terrorist, who doesn't have the huevos to stand face to face with their opponent, and represent their cause like a man would. They are cowards, who run and hide in their holes, content in showing they have no moral fiber, or concern for the lives of others.

I felt that this attack was well worth coming out of retirement from posting to make my feelings known. We have so many dear friends in the UK, many of whom post here as part of the MadridMan family.

You are in our prayers, and thank you for being our friends.

Wolf

#79462 - 07/07/05 09:41 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
It seems there have been 3 to 4 explosions on the Tube network and one explosion on a double-decker bus (although 3 bus explosions were reported it seems as though they were all referring to the same bus). The latest estimate is of 40 killed (although there are of course many more injured). Although these figures are very bad, it seems as though the group who carried out this attack were aiming not to inflict as many casualties as possible, but to bring the transport system to a halt (which has happened).
The emergency services have been very quick to put into place their major incident plan. Anyone who is injured is being seen to fairly quickly and efficiently. Indeed the scenes are not of panic but of controlled activity.
If you are having difficulty getting hold of someone in London please be advised that a lot of mobile phone (cell) networks have been overloaded and communications may be temporarily down.

#79463 - 07/07/05 09:59 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
The day before London is extremely happy with their winning of hosting the 2012 Olympics games and beating out the French. The next day there is a terrorist attack and people are killed.

These two day will be remember a long time from now. Very sad day for all of us.

Bill

#79464 - 07/07/05 10:34 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Wolf's words speak from the heart and for all of us - and for another who has been in semi-retirement from the board - thank you for expressing my feelings so well -
Friends in London - please check in when you can -

#79465 - 07/07/05 10:35 AM Re: London Rocked By Bombs
worriedaboutspain Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
It´s weird. I was supposed to spend the summer in London, but thankfully I was in Spain.

Could all of this be because they won the olympics? or is there some greater reason? I send out all of my love to London in their time of need.

With open arms
Anita

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1596 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments