Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78764 - 11/08/04 08:35 AM Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Where are you guys! You're sorely missed out here.

We need to get some of our tongue-in-cheek humor working again out here... It was always fun.

By the way, Cali, the Badgers ripped the Gophers a new one on Saturday... how sweet it is! laugh

They'll be playing in the Rose Bowl the way it looks, so you can stop by and see what "real football is all about!"

Now, the Packers just have to whup the Vikings in the Hump on Sunday and I'll be a happy camper!!! wink

Anchovy... I need to see more pics of your palace by the sea, and a few from the beaches around the area. I have to know that I'm going to be sleeping in the right yard when I'm homeless. rolleyes

Wolf (Who misses these two a lot!)

#78765 - 11/08/04 08:49 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Wolf -

The illusive Anchovey is alive and well - but "over-worked" - only e.o.week off camping or playing in Sevilla or Madrid. laugh

I have a link to our 'second home' - and he even gave us a roof!!!!!!! www.spainrenting.com

I'm guessing he won't mind having this posted but plan on emailing him I did so ... then he might come back to life and spare some more ...
laugh

Glad to know it's not only Jo-Ann and I that are missing AF wink

#78766 - 11/08/04 08:56 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Wolf Offline

Puna,

He let you sleep under his roof? Gawd! He told me I had to sleep in the yard, unless I arm wrestled Grandma for the right to sleep in the broom closet where they stash her at night! rolleyes

He did offer to keep a bowl of fresh water on the floor, and feed me left over legs of lamb, and the best dry dog food money could buy, if I promised to "avoid any accidents in the house."

I'm not certain what he meant by that last remark.... Hmmmm!!!! wink

Wolf (scratching behind his ear again. Maybe he'd pop for a flea collar as well. It's worth a try!)

#78767 - 11/08/04 09:04 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Wolf Offline

Puna,

I especially like the new picture of his "row boat" that's on his site.

That would be the small, eight cabin economy model sitting in the background at the dock.

And some people say you can't get rich in Spain.... What do they know! laugh

Wolf (Definitely holding out for a flea collar now!)

#78768 - 11/08/04 09:11 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

He didn't feed me .... confused

#78769 - 11/08/04 09:15 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Wolf Offline

Puna,

If I get over there, and they throw me a bone, I'll hide it in the back yard and tell you where it is so you can gnaw on it when you're there next time.

That was rude of him not to put a bowl of water on the floor and toss you table scraps. I just can't imagine what got into him. rolleyes

Wolf

#78770 - 11/08/04 09:17 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I missed them too. It crossed my mind that all the hot political topics scared them off (like a lot of people).

Great TU CASA website. Phots are really nice! How 'bout the prices. Are they reasonable for this area?

I often wonder what happened to some of our long-time veteran members of the message board but just attribute the absense as having other diversions in life. It happens to everyone sooner or later and that's life. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78771 - 11/08/04 09:22 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Wolf, is that you? Is it really you? What kind words! I've missed everybody here too. It's been a little while, I'm afraid, but nice to be back.

I had to try quite a few old passwords before I managed to log in with an old one I'd written down on the back of my hand but which had nearly faded away as it's been so long since I used it. Good job we have no running water in our house or electricity or soap or anything. (He says, trying to put the freeloaders off staying with him now that he is a property tycoon and capitalist and wants to earn loads of money renting his apartment out, which incidentally has received a nice plug here thanks to my good pal Puna! laugh )

As she says, Puna sent me an e-mail tipping me off about this thread. I do occasionally look in and have a quick lurk but have really had no time on my hands to do much more than that. Work is busier than ever, buying real estate in Spain can be time consuming to say the least and that has kept me busy sorting it out, plus my mum - 83 years old bless her cotton socks - (who indeed lives with us, but in the garage, not the broom cupboard Wolf as it's got more space - I don't want anyone thinking I mistreat the old dear!) has had a hip replacement a few months ago at the local hospital in Marbella and supporting my footie team Malaga (lost 0-2 last night to Real Madrid frown ) has all taken up so much time I daren't open up the internet! Plus I've been in and out of prison several times which doesn't help and so on and so forth. Excuses, excuses. How can I not make time to join in here? Shame on me... :o

I will now promise to spend more time seeing what old pals are up to here - where is CaliBasco anyhow? But the phone is ringing again..... work, work, work.......

#78772 - 11/08/04 09:25 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Until AF reads my email of the first couple of posts I'm going to take the liberty of answering for him-

AF really did get busy w/ work - and, as we all know, time becomes a matter of priority when that happens.

In that keen Brit sense of humour - I have the feeling he would have had a few appropriate and acerbic comments for the political discussions ...

I have a plan, Wolf - now that we have touted the rental - we get the boat as roof - you take 1/2 - I'll take the other 1/2 .... and what the heck - I like fish so who needs that canned stuff???? laugh

Wow - was that quick!!! Must not be incarcerated at the moment, huh?

#78773 - 11/08/04 09:39 AM Re: Calibasco? Anchovy Front?
Wolf Offline

Anchovy,

It's good to see you came out of hibernation. I understand the prison terms. You just have to quit selling London Bridge to tourists from Russia and Romania! You get caught every time!

On a serious note, I'm sorry to hear about Mum's hip replacement. I hope all is well for her, and she's beginning to get around. I know it must be sad for her, because there's so much beauty to walk around, and see in your area.

I solemnly promise that when I get back to Spain, health permitting, that I will be down to visit you. My wife will keep me on a leash of course, but that doesn't mean you guys can't take me to a few "night spots," where I can pant on people's legs until they let me lap a few drops from their drinks!

Stay active out here my friend! We need the laughter, and the "old board" philosophy, like MadridMan said. That's when we really had it all!

Wolf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1620 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments