Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21 >
Topic Options
#78018 - 07/15/04 03:27 PM Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
charlost Offline

Loc: madrid ahora en buenos aires
Hi Everybody!!

Today Ill watch Fahrenheit 9/11 in the cinema. I read about it before and Im looking foward to wathing it. Many people here is taking about new spanish presindent but I´d like to know whats their opinion about not the spanish presid. confused but that one you have in the White House after watching the Moore film. frown I think it will be a quite political, of course again Bush but this is the most seen documentary ever and show in a very inteligent way a real tragedy caused for the american goverment and for a guy who doesnt deserve to rule a democratic country wich have so much power. rolleyes

#78019 - 07/15/04 05:06 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Charlost,

In this forum our host, MadridMan, requests that we only:
Quote:
Discuss Spain-related political & governmental topics, government figures and policies.
Since this clearly is about the U.S.political ambiance it it is not appropriate to respond.

Can you move this thread to the Non-Spain Topics area in the Miscellaneous section of the Board since this is about the U.S. political ambiance? We can then respond to your request without confusing readers of this fine Board. wink

Saludos,
Carmen

#78020 - 07/15/04 05:23 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
laugh
That MadridMan is a Magician!
laugh

#78021 - 07/15/04 05:26 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good advice, Booklady. Thanks! (Booklady, I sent you a PM) I've just moved the thread here to the Non-Spain Discussion category.

I'll be going to see the Michael Moore movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" Saturday night and am looking forward to talking about it over dinner afterwards. Just 4 weeks ago I saw "Bowling For Columbine". Wow.

charlost, I'm very suprised this movie has already been released in Spain/Europe! Usually there's at least a 1+ month delay from the USA release date.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78022 - 07/15/04 07:42 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I've seen it twice--and found it highly disturbing and strangely energizing. The first time was opening night and we were registering voters afterward--and then again a few nights later. Lots of cheering and energy from the crowd (which was a sell-out both times). I am really glad I saw it. But I was already working for Kerry and other Democrats, so I was definitely biased beforehand!

As an aside, if someone is considering taking a young child (under 14 or so), I would advise against it. It's hard to watch in places...but important, too, that we see the effects of war on both sides.

#78023 - 07/16/04 06:36 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan, of course it was released in Europe before the US, it made its debut and won the Palme D‘Or at the prestigious Cannes film Festival in mid May....and the Bush administration tried to keep its release banned in the States (Disney prohibited Miramax to distribute it - which only led to gain more publicity for the documentary - which reminds me so much of the Janet Jackson breast incident rolleyes ) until it was finally allowed to be screened. After all, Moore has claimed that his only aim in life is for the current US president to lose this year's elections! eek smile

#78024 - 07/16/04 08:27 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pim, I knew it won at the Cannes film Festival but that's not wide distribution. When was the documentary being shown throughout Europe in the cinema? pim, have you seen it?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78025 - 07/16/04 10:39 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

[originally posted by charlost on 07-16-2004 10:34 AM]

I´d like to know your opinion about this film and how the american peopleo was betrayed by their goberment. I think the film is really good, inteligent and tragically real.

(I hope nobody delete this topic from the board...)

thanks

#78026 - 07/16/04 10:46 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
charlost Offline

Loc: madrid ahora en buenos aires
Hi! sorry I dind notice it was only for spanish discusion and I post the same topic again frown Now I see this is in the right place...
about your question madriman, Im living in Buenos Aires now. Here the movies come sooner than in Europe. Thats it wink I dont know when the film will show there in Madrid, probably by next month, except Cannes of course, but as you said it wasnt a wide distribution.

#78027 - 07/16/04 10:59 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
We took the family to see Fahrenheit 911 the first day it played in our area--but it was sold out, so we bought tix for the next day. Mostly, it was excellent. This is an important movie, and I have been amazed at how well it has done at the box office, even in my area, which is full of mostly Bush supporters. We took our 12 year old to see it. I disagree that under 14yr olds shouldn't see it. The violence is real--war injuries--which show the true costs of war. Of course the movie is biased. Clearly Moore presents the facts through his political viewpoint, but the facts have been checked and checked again. Those pundits calling it lies for the most part have not seen the movie. This movie might make a difference, but more likely the Bush team itself will lose the election all on its own by its mistakes coupled by its arrogance.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3006 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments