Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#76439 - 03/14/03 02:05 PM everyone's Irish on St. Pattys day!
supaJack Offline

Loc: Houghton, Mi, USA
Eveyone please take a long drink of your favorite green beer, dance a little jig and remember, everyone's Irish on St. Pattys day! Just watch out for me, I'll be the drunk little man with the sh&*-eating grin, frolicing about and creating plenty o' shananagins. evil shananagins.

jack- who wishes to be in spain every day of the year except St. Pattys (I'll pistol whip the next man who says shananagins)

#76440 - 03/15/03 12:29 AM Re: everyone's Irish on St. Pattys day!
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I'm not ever Irish. well except for when I eat my Lucky Charms. red hearts, blue diamonds, and purple horse shoes! MMMMMM They're magically delicious!

#76441 - 03/15/03 12:31 AM Re: everyone's Irish on St. Pattys day!
el viajero Offline

Quote:
jack- who wishes to be in spain every day of the year except St. Pattys
Why not? Madrid seems to have more Irish pubs staffed by actual Irish emigres than anyplace I've ever been. smile

And the top o' the mañana to yer...

#76442 - 03/15/03 06:45 AM Re: everyone's Irish on St. Pattys day!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Hoist one for the San Patricios: a regiment composed mostly of Irish immigrants that were drafted when they arrived in the U.S. and sent to fight the Mexicans (1848). Brutalized by their (U.S. Army) Officers, they were supposed to kill this 'Enemy' that worshiped the same God in the same way they did. The San Patricios were those who deserted the U.S. Army wholesale and fought for the Mexicans - almost all to their death. eek

And then there's 'Red' Hugh O'Donnell, banished from Ireland in the O'Donnell-O'Neill vendetta who came to Spain and fought for (and led) the Spanish Army. rolleyes

Who will we drink to next? How about Brehogan? rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2384 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments