Saludos amigos!

We're off tomorrow! Can't wait. Here's a list of all the hotels we will be staying at. Thanks everyone for helping me with inquiries. Expect reviews and copious amounts of info when I return!

Barcelona - Hotel Silken Gran Havana
Monserrat - Hotel Abat Cisneros
Pamplona (sort of ... en route to San Sebastian): Parador de Olite
San Sebastian - Hotel Avenida
Santander - Hotel Chiqui
Arenas de Cabrales - Casa de Juan Sabeli
Madrid - Hotel Mora

Let me just say that the reservation facet has been great at all these hotels. Very good customer service over the phone. Did I say phone? No way ... I used Skype . A total money saver when it came to making these transactions. Only Hotel Chiqui has some weird phone number that Skype doesn't recognize.

By the way, I found dealing with hotels directly much better than spending hours looking at discount booking services. Also, Hotel Avenida was the same price direct as on Orbitz (128 euros for a triple, including breakfast buffet).

And for those of you in your golden years, the paradors give you a whopping discount. As my parents are "old" spring chickens, we got a triple at the Parador de Olite for a mere 130 euros.

OOOOO I CAN'T WAIT TO EAT SOME WHITE ASPARAGUS AND DRINK SIDRA! HAVE A CALAMARI SANDWICH AT EL BRILLANTE! :jump:

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com