Hola,
Looks like my wife and kids will be trying to come to Spain around Around Semana Santa (Mar 31-April 11). smile Where would be a nice place to go? Mind you, my girls are small, 6 and 3, and we are looking to have a fun bonding time and NOT interested in going through a checklist of famous sites.

I picture one or two places, good weather, strolling at a leisurely pace. Breathing and Viewing the culture rather than beating a path to this place and that place.

We were thinking Andalucia--Cadiz, Granada, Sevilla. I have never been, though my wife is visiting next weekend (sans munchkins) and we will spend three days in Cordoba. I am posting here in the Hotels section, since it sounds like I had better plan muy rapido, but really I am interested in any and all advice for travel to Southern Spain during those weeks. We wish to avoid the throngs and party crowds. At the same time, we have no intention of sequestering ourselves in monastery, no matter how beautiful.

SO from air tickets, to hotels, to cities, to general tips, I seek the collective advice of this board, which I have followed to a "T" since arriving a month ago. Oh, and by the way, we are not loaded, so homey B&B type places oozing with tradition are 1000% better than majestry.

Muchísimas Grácias,
A