I have read the many comments regarding Huespedes Jaén on this site. Because of the positive reviews I've booked the large 3-bedroom apartment. I've spent some time on QDQ.com (which is a terrific site--thank you MadridMan!) and after looking around at the street and neighborhood where Jaen is located, I'm having serious second thoughts.

The area looks rather grim. Is it safe? Will we be safe walking to and from the museums and closest metro?

And how does one enter into H. Jaén? The photo (both on the H. Jaen website and on QDQ.com ) doesn't show a real entrance.

Also for those familiar with H. Jaen is there a reception there? What services, if any, are offered? The website isn't that informative. Where is a good, close place to get breakfast or grab some grocery items?

I would love any additional feedback on this area and on H. Jaen. Should I keep my reservation? confused Thank you!

By the way, MadridMan, this is a wonderful website that has already helped me plan my trip to Spain tremendously!