Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9327 - 01/26/08 11:29 AM Madrid Apartment
kas Offline

Loc: usa
Hello

We are in MAdrid for 8 days in early May. Just seeking some advice on a self catering apartment
We are in our 50's, will be spending 4 days on day trips (train or bus) and the rest in MAdrid (museums, galleries etc)
Can anyone reccomend a reasonable place to rent in a safe quiet area (not into discos or night life)for 2 adults.
Regards
KAren

#9328 - 01/27/08 05:36 AM Re: Madrid Apartment
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Try the El Prado Apartment . I've even toured it. Nice location at the bottom of Huertas Neighborhood near the Paseo del Prado. Modern, smallish, nicely decorated and home-like apartment at the best price in Madrid. However, for these reasons it's nearly always booked far in advance.

Best of luck! xfingers Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9329 - 02/09/08 02:21 PM Re: Madrid Apartment
kas Offline

Loc: usa
Thank for the reply
Have emailed them lots of times now - they don't respond
Anybody else any ideas please

#9330 - 02/10/08 08:51 AM Re: Madrid Apartment
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
If you are not getting a response by e-mail, my advice is to call them by telephone. We lived in this apartment for three months in 2002, and know the owners..Albero and Rosa very well.

They are wonderful people, and the apartment and area are tremendous. Alberto and Rosa both speak English.

Use a discount calling service, like 10-10-987 and it won't cost much to call either.

If you haven't called Spain before, this will be a good learning experience, because I have found, that even though I am a very hi-tech person, sometimes the telephone is the instrument to use.

If you have any questions, ask away...

Buena suerte.....

#9331 - 02/13/08 05:25 PM Re: Madrid Apartment
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Sorry to tell you that the apartment is booked solid until this Summer. I just had communication from the owners.....

#84088 - 03/24/09 09:10 PM Re: Madrid Apartment [Re: GoMadrid]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi kas! Have you found anything yet?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84089 - 03/25/09 07:51 AM Re: Madrid Apartment [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
If you need another option, I can recommend http://www.apartmentsapart.com/Europe/Spain/Madrid/Apartments/Last_Minute In NOvember my family and I stayed in the apt. "Fuencarral C" and we found it to be great. Very clean, very quiet, great neighborhood. It was one block from the metro stop Bilbao.

#84092 - 03/25/09 09:11 AM Re: Madrid Apartment [Re: esperanza]
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
My cousins own an appartment in Huertas / Prado area. It's in a semipedestrian street so the place is quiet but really central.

Have a look at their website www.hjaen.com for more information and pictures of the flat. You can contact them through e-mail to check availability and prices.

#84094 - 03/25/09 04:16 PM Re: Madrid Apartment [Re: Antonio]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Errr.. I just realized that kas was asking about March - 2008!!! And I aked him/her if (s)he'd found anything yet. Silly me!

Saludos, MadridMan

#84142 - 04/04/09 10:42 AM Re: Madrid Apartment [Re: MadridMan]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
just a google search or s search here, there are literally hunderds of flats,far to many to be able to rate them. for usthe hardest part is sorting them all out.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1967 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments