Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9155 - 03/13/07 08:09 PM San Sebastian Lodging. Urgent!
maritza Offline

Loc: USA
Hi. I'm traveling to San Sebastian. Staying for 6 months. need to find an apartment or lodging near Restaurante Akelaré, which is just outside of San Sebastian. Can anyone PLEASE help me with some information. Thank you so VERY much.

#9156 - 03/13/07 11:38 PM Re: San Sebastian Lodging. Urgent!
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Hi maritza,
Unfortunately, I have not been to San Sebastian (although I hear it's amazing), but if you haven't done so already, you should go to MadridMan's main page. From there, click on "The Rest of Spain" underneath Lodging on the left hand side, and then click on "San Sebastian-Donostia" when it says "Choose Your City." There are web sites for apartments here.

Perhaps someone else on the board will be able to recommend some lodging, but until then, maybe those sites will be helpful.

#9157 - 03/14/07 09:31 AM Re: San Sebastian Lodging. Urgent!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Like most people, it's rather hard finding lodging near one's work until after they arrive in XYC City. I imagine your hope is that you'll be able to walk to work instead of taking public transportation everyday. Most of the lodging listings are for apartments INSIDE the city of San Sebastián-Donostia and few outside the city - although no doubt some exist, they just aren't listed online. You might do best to find something temporary online (like a hostel) for your first week while search ON FOOT from there.

By the way, I've corrected the spelling of the restaurant in your initial posting. It's "Restaurante Akelaré" (a Pedro Subijana restaurant). Their website, spelled differently, is http://www.akelarre.net/ . From their map, the restaurant IS located quite a distance outside of "San Se".

But Wow! What a place! What views! Looks very nice! Say, can you tell us HOW you got this job? I'm sure people would LOVE to know. I was reading on some other message board that someone was looking for summer work at San Se, undoubtedly wanting to support themselves while lying on the beach and having fun. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9158 - 03/14/07 02:13 PM Re: San Sebastian Lodging. Urgent!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
You might do best to find something temporary online (like a hostel) for your first week while search ON FOOT from QUOTE

I agree better to do the apt research on site. I have been there but stay in hotels;great city thus.

#9159 - 04/24/07 09:13 AM Re: San Sebastian Lodging. Urgent!
minni80 Offline

Loc: Finland
Hey! I'm going to SS myself in 24th of May. Will work there in a travel agency (if everything goes well) for the summer. I used to live there and a lot of people are renting for temporary lodging, although it's more expencive during the summer. So, at the moment I'm looking for a three month rental myself, got few connections there but any hints are welcome. Will visit the "Rest of Spain" too...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2457 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments