Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5347 - 03/07/03 02:34 PM Hotel Astoria Barcelona
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Does anyone have any information about or reviews of this hotel in Barcelona?

#5348 - 01/13/07 02:56 PM Re: Hotel Astoria Barcelona
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Well, I know this query was posted a long time ago, but we actually stayed in Hostel Astoria in Barcelona recently. It was about a 5-7 minute walk to the Diagonal Metro stop and just beyond that stop (about another 5 minute walk) is the Casa Mila.

The hotel was really nice: the lobby was very pretty, and the rooms had been renovated recently so they were quite modern and spacious. We ate our breakfasts and dinners there and they were some of the tastiest meals we had on our tour of Europe. The staff was very friendly and spoke English, although I'm not certain to what extent they knew English since I usually spoke to them in Spanish. We departed the hotel on New Year's Eve Day, and the staff brought our room small bags of grapes for the campanadas as well as a red rose.

Before you think I'm working for the hotel or something like that, I could tell you that our cable wasn't properly plugged in, although we never bothered to tell the front desk since we were hardly in the room anyway. Also, the bathtub could have used a little drain cleaner, but again, we never told the front desk of the problem.

The neighborhood is more residential, but there were plenty of small neighborhood shops (albeit many were upscale clothing stores), bars, and even a grocery store nearby. It was refreshing not to be in the middle of a tourist area, actually.

So, I'd definitely recommend this hotel as clean, modern, spacious, etc. The Eixample neighborhood was lovely and given more time I'd have liked to walk around it more. Hope this helps for anyone considering this hotel in the future.

#5349 - 01/13/07 06:58 PM Re: Hotel Astoria Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the review, la historiadora! Does this Hotel Astoria have a website by chance? I don't have it listed on the Barcelona Hotels page of BarcelonaMan.com .

Saludos, MadridMan/BarcelonaMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5350 - 01/13/07 10:07 PM Re: Hotel Astoria Barcelona
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

You're welcome!

Here's the web site: http://www.derbyhotels.com/eng/astoria_in.htm

If you click on "The Hotels," you will see some of the other properties owned by this company in both Barcelona and Madrid. I'm not familiar with them, but perhaps you know them or someone else may have stayed at one of them!

#5351 - 01/14/07 09:23 AM Re: Hotel Astoria Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Okay. I was mistaken. I DO have the Hotel Astoria listed on the Barcelona Hotels page. Another website for them is at http://www.hotelastoriabarcelona.com/astoria_cs.htm

(la historiadora, your above link didn't work for me but found it through http://www.derbyhotels.com )

Saludos, BarcelonaMan /MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1672 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments