Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8687 - 01/31/06 12:45 PM Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Has anyone stayed at Hostal Santa Isabel ? It has a fancy website, great location, air conditioning, very reasonable prices. We were thinking of trying it out in July.

#8688 - 01/31/06 03:45 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I too would like to know if there are any reviews out there yet for this place. I doubt it, just because it's BRAND NEW to the internet as of only a month ago or so. The location is pretty good, very close to Huertas where you'll find A LOT of summertime action and terrazas.

If you decide to stay there, aidance, will you please give us your review here in your thread? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8689 - 02/22/06 07:41 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
Palooka Offline

Hey Aidance,

I'm also looking for accomodation in Madrid this summer (june). did you end up booking that hostal? I'm thinking about it and just wondering if you had decided upon that one or another.

thanks!

#8690 - 02/25/06 02:45 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I just got a reply from them saying I'd need to wait until April to book, that they would be revising their prices at that time.... So, I might lose interest in them and go elsewhere.

#8691 - 03/09/06 08:06 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
Palooka Offline

yes, they did not respond to either of my inquiries and I ended up booking elsewhere. I wonder if they care that they're losing business from not being responsive or accomodating? Hostal Martin was very happy to take my reservation and I'm looking forard to staying there.

#8692 - 09/01/06 08:06 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
puppyfeat Offline

Loc: London
I have just made a reservation at Hostal Santa Isabel for 2 nights at the end of this month (Sept). They were very quick to respond to my emails and they replied using very good English, so my first impressions are really good.

Although I found the link off this site (thanks MadridMan!) I didn't find this thread until after I'd booked, so I didn't realise the place is so new. However, I'm not surprised as it does look more modern than most places you see in Madrid - which is one reason I went for it. The other reasons were location (it's pretty much exactly where I want to be) and the price, which is very reasonable considering it looks so nice. I'll report back here to let you know what it's like after I've stayed there.

#8693 - 10/05/06 09:15 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
puppyfeat Offline

Loc: London
Having now stayed at this place, I totally recommend it. For 35 Euros a night I thought it was very good. What you see on the website is basically what you get - a modern, nicely presented, clean hostal. The room I had was small but perfectly adequate for one person, with a double bed (not 2 singles pushed together, as you often find), wardrobe, bedside table, tv, and bathroom - which again was small but modern and fully functioning. The staff did not speak English but were very pleasant. It's on the 4th floor, has a good lift, and the street it's on is narrow so it isn't noisy. It is close to Anton Martin tube and very handy for the Reina Sofia museum and Atocha station.

I only have a couple of very minor gripes. First of all, take your own soap and shampoo because they don't put any out, and the shower has no ledge to put them on either (they do change the towels though!). Also, they only gave me a room key, which meant that I had to buzz them when I came back late at night; I'd prefer to be able to let myself in when I please without bothering anyone. And the tv just has the usual Spanish channels on it, no CNN or Eurosport or anything like that - the reception on it was poor too. Finally, although it wasn't a problem, I had to pay in cash because they couldn't accept my credit cards - but maybe that was a temporary thing because it says on the website that they do.

All in all, I'd say that for the money you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere better than this, and when I go to Madrid again this will be the first place I'll check out to stay at.

#8694 - 10/05/06 11:40 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Santa Isabel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thank you so much for your detailed review and for posting it here in your thread, puppyfeat! It's always great when travelers do that - and MUCH appreciated too!! thumbsup Just think how many dozens of FUTURE travelers you might help which may be considering Hostal Santa Isabel too.

Thanks again! And we all hope you'll someday make a return visit to Spain. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1582 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments