Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9030 - 09/30/06 09:38 AM BE CAREFUL OF THIS TOURIST ACCOMMODATION! BARCELONA
makemecrazy Offline

Loc: Barcelona
If you are looking to rent a tourist apartment in Barcelona.... stay away from Rent4Days . I rented an apartment for 1 month, cost me 1400 euros...advertised as a fully equipped. Problem is noone makes sure that everything is ready and working for you. I arrived late at night (which cost me an extra 30 euros late fee) to find a non-working t.v., no coffee maker or kettle, a torn couch, no stereo, blood stained mattress, 1/2 the lights did not work and a non-working washing machine. The first week there, heavy rains and I awoke to find a puddle about 3ft by 2ft in the kitchen. The rain was coming in through a light fixture. This had been a problem before but noone fixed it. Dealing with the office was a disaster. Lots of excuses from the girl there as to why she did not respond to my emails about the place for 5 days, why I waited at 3pm for the maintenance man as agreed, who never showed up (he went to the wrong apartment said she, but first she insisted he came earlier in the day and said nothing was wrong). The washing machine was eventualy repaired, after two weeks. The girl in the office told me I just didn't know how to use a washing machine. The fact that the door was broken was irrelevant. I had to buy my own glassware (drinking and wine) because they provided none. Forget coffee cups. I had to buy my own frying pan because the Teflon coated one they provided was completely scraped.
And the noise! Elevators as old as dinosaurs that clunk up and down all night.
Let's talk about the entrance to the building. OK it's under repair (they don't tell you that), the paint in the hallways and on the ceilings is peeling. Workmen there all day long. The first night I came in, it took me over 1/2 hour to get the front door to open. WHich by the way, you have to walk down a carport that is used for a business and go in through the side door. No front door as with most apartment buildings.
When I told the girl in the office to pass my complaints on to the owner and have him contact me she absolutely refused to do so.
This place is a rip off. STAY AWAY! Be careful what you rent from pictures over the internet.

#9031 - 09/30/06 11:00 AM Re: BE CAREFUL OF THIS TOURIST ACCOMMODATION! BARCELONA
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
So sorry to hear about your experience, makemecrazy. That's a true shame. But thanks for your feedback. Could you please let us know, specifically, which apartment you rented so we can avoid that one? Thanks.

Hopefully, since you're living now in Barcelona you can also share your other experiences of life there. We could use more Barcelona-related input as well as experts willing to answer questions about this wonderful city.

Hope the rest of your stay/life in Barcelona is more enjoyable.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments