Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9019 - 09/13/06 08:44 PM Barcelona: Hostal Opera vs Hostal Urquinaona?
coro Offline

Loc: canada
Which one to choose ? Hostal Opera or Hostal City Centre Urquinaona ?
We need a clean and quite place in turist area.
Thanks for your help.

#9020 - 09/14/06 03:48 AM Re: Barcelona: Hostal Opera vs Hostal Urquinaona?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I think you'll find a number of reviews of Hostal Opera here in this forum - most positive, I think. But I don't think we yet have any reviews of Hostal City Centre Urquinaona. Try a search to be sure.

But regarding locations, Hostal Opera is more central and is located in El Raval (don't freak out yet) but only about 50 meters from Las Ramblas on a pedestrian street - lots of foot traffic day and night.

Hostal City Centre Urquinaona is in the Eixample district. This is a bit of a walk to, say, the Gothic Quarter but you'll find the lodgings to be MUCH more elegant, historical, and even more romantic in this residential neighborhood. From the photos, at least some of the rooms have balconies and I love the tile floors of buildings in this area - so elegant. I stayed in a VERY similar place ( Hostal Martina Bailen - two blocks 'north' on the same street) last March for a few days. NICE place. The rooms were simple but the crown moldings, tile floors in design, stained glass windows, enclosed balcony with table and chairs, VERY high ceilings, etcetera. Very nice although the furnishings were simple and basic. It was quite comfortable, though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9021 - 09/18/06 04:10 AM Re: Barcelona: Hostal Opera vs Hostal Urquinaona?
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Coro!

It has been a while since I stayed at the Hostal Opera (2004, I think), but I liked it. Nothing special, but a quiet and clean hostal in the heart of Barcelona. I submitted my trip report on this forum. Don´t know, how to link that to this reply, but if you search for "Barcelona trip report", you will find it.

(MadridMan Edit: CLICK HERE for la calma\'s trip report )

Enjoy your trip!

From Prussia with Love,

la calma

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2258 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments