Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8605 - 11/30/05 11:31 AM In a bind to find hostal in Madrid Sol area next weekend
karro430 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Hi all,

I'm heading for Spain this monday and I'm having a really tough time finding a hostal available for the weekend of Dec. 9-11. Everywhere I've been calling in Sol is booked. (I've called every hostal in Sol listed on this site!) I'm a woman travelling solo and I've been told that Gran Via can be a bit sketchy. Can anyone else suggest an area or hostel that near the action, (lots of people on the streets)?

Thanks.

#8606 - 11/30/05 07:07 PM Re: In a bind to find hostal in Madrid Sol area next weekend
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! You've called EVERY "hostal" listed on this site in the SOL area? Hmmm... Might you tell us which ones you've already contacted? I don't want us to post suggestions to places you've already tried.

I've heard this situation arise before and when it happens I'll sometimes suggest the person contact the Hostal Cantábrico Madrid . I only suggest this place NOT because of reviews - because I've yet to read one - but only because they have more than 100 rooms(!!) eek so the odds are better that they'll have a room available. It's located just east and south of the Puerta del Sol, actually south of the Plaza de Canalejas which is just east of the Puerta del Sol but not much further than a "stone's throw away" from SOL.

If you stay at the Hostal Cantábrico Madrid (or wherever), won't you return here to give us your review? We'd really appreciate it. Good luck with your search and enjoy your time in Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8607 - 11/30/05 08:52 PM Re: In a bind to find hostal in Madrid Sol area next weekend
karro430 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
haaaa. Well maybe my eye over looked one or two but I was getting nervous that no one had room! I've contacted:
Hostal Madrid
Hostal Playa
Cruz Sol
Patria
Hostal Victoria (I II and III)
Perla Asturiana
El Pilar
Hostal Chelo (in gran via)
Hostal Aguilar
Hostal Martin (they had space, but their cancellation period is seven days before and I won't know if I will def. need the room until about 3 days before.)

and one or two others that friends suggested that I cannot remember.

Today I found space at Hostal Persal in Huertas. It got some nice reviews on the boards. It's 59 euros (with VAT) for a single w/ bath which is quite a bit more than i wanted to pay but I figured I should at least secure something.

Any more suggestions would be great. I really thank you for all of your help. This site/board has really been fab. I'll be sure to post reviews on wherever I end up!

#8608 - 11/30/05 10:02 PM Re: In a bind to find hostal in Madrid Sol area next weekend
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I was in contact with Hostal Adriano about that weekend over a month ago. It is one of the bigger weeks for tourists. They were almost full-up at that time, at premium prices. I decided to go to Paris instead. wink

I was in Madrid for this "puente" last year and don't ever remember seeing so many people. You couldn't walk from point to point, all the bars and restaurants were packed and all the ATM's were empty! We couldn't even enter "Caves de Luis Candelas" to attend an unofficial Madridman gathering.

The Persal is still very close to Sol.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments