Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8122 - 04/27/05 12:55 PM Madrid: Hostales Victoria?
bubble Offline

hi.. there are three of us students who are visiting madrid in June, on a low budget. Has anyone stayed at Hostales Victoria ? There's Victoria I, II and III.. Would appreciate any comments or suggestions, thanks!

#8123 - 04/29/05 05:40 AM Re: Madrid: Hostales Victoria?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Seems to me there have been a few reviews of these establishments. Have you yet conducted a SEARCH using keywords like MADRID HOSTAL VICTORIA? You might find them that way. But are there any fresher experiences out there?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8124 - 05/03/05 11:28 PM Re: Madrid: Hostales Victoria?
morena Offline

Loc: canada
hi bubble. i too was looking for a review on this hostal, but didn't find anything really beneficial. we are going to Madrid tomorrow to stay there for two weeks. upon my return i will post my thoughts on this place. wish us luck!

morena!~

#8125 - 05/20/05 07:23 PM Re: Madrid: Hostales Victoria?
morena Offline

Loc: canada
hola!

i'm back from Madrid, and what a fabulous time i had. the trip was memorable in many many ways and i'm so glad i had no bad experiences!

now to Hostal victoria . primarily we stayed in hostal 2. i say that because our group size changed from time to time.

i must let you know that the rooms i had * triple, double and single* HAD safety safes, however none of them had keys! on their website they state they have room safes. at first i was a bit irked, but because i was usually with my friends, i ended up carrying everything with me in my little purse. *please keep in mind it's absolutely necessary to be mindful of your purse/wallet ALL THE TIME* nothing happened to me, but one of our friends had something unfortunate happen to him when he was in madrid several years ago*

the owners said whoever was there before us took the safe key. we found it kind of odd because our fellow travellers said the same thing about their rooms too!!it was a bit un nerving at first...

i digress...

the rooms are clean, beds *for me at least* were comfortable, staff helpful and courteous. this is located in the puerta del sol district - just around the corner from where all the action is, so if you're a light sleeper like me, it's imperative to have ear plugs so you'll sleep better. some of our group had rooms without a window. luckily we had windows whilst in triple and double rooms. the maids change towels every day, but not bed linens.

the hostal victoria one is undergoing some extensive renovations. when i was staying in a single room, i was situated in the really noisy area where said renovations were going on. this is usually around 9ish to 7ish in the evenings, with the workers taking an afternoon break. when i was in this single room without a window, i felt like a caged animal, because eventhough it had lots of lights, was clean and everything else, i need windows. but that's just me. so it made me get out more and see things - which is good!

over all i'd give the hostal vic 1 and 2 an 8 out of ten. oh and we had a small fridge in all our rooms, which was very helpful to have milk, gazpacho *from corte inglese just down the street - you simply MUST try it* bread, fruit *if you can afford it - food of all types is extremely expensive - if you plan on saving money - bring non perishable foods from home like peanut butter, tuna, crackers and the like*

just some suggestions from someone who learned the hard way on the food wink enjoy your journey

hasta luego

morena!~

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1658 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments