Hotel Casa del Capitel Nazari on Cuesta Aceituneros 6, 958-215-260, www.hotelcasacapitel.com

I stayed for three nights, February 23 – February 26 2005. Hotel is close by to Plaza Nueva, the tourist office and is three-minute walk. The hotel used to be home, so there is a patio inside with seating and a sofa, stairways and balconies facing inside. My room was large, modern and bright from the two windows letting the sunshine in. The bed was queen size, firm, room had a modern bathroom, shower only and hair dryer. Plenty of good restaurants and tapas bars close by. Also the taxi cannot take you directly to the hotel because its entrance is located on alley, so you have 30 sec walk with you luggage to the entrance. The hotel booked my day/night tickets for my visits to the Alhambra in advance of my arrival to Granada.

They do have weekday and weekend rates. I tried booking directly from them but I got a better price from http://www.charming-spain-hotels.com, saving 5 euros a night for the same hotel. I paid 56 euros for the two weekday nights and 63 euros for the Saturday. I would stay here again.

Bill