Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7554 - 11/19/04 10:04 AM Barcelona, Hostal Centric, reviews?
Greenshank Offline

Loc: Europe
I have booked a room there in March.
Anyone stayed there already?

here's a link:
Hostal Centric

#7555 - 11/19/04 10:10 AM Re: Barcelona, Hostal Centric, reviews?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have you conducted a SEARCH yet? I just did one for you using keywords CENTRIC BARCELONA and found the " just back! hotel recomendation " thread with one review.

Anyone else? Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7556 - 11/19/04 10:21 AM Re: Barcelona, Hostal Centric, reviews?
Greenshank Offline

Yes, should have mentioned that smile

I saw that thread, but it's a few years old, and in small hostels so much can change - a place that was dodgy gets a new ambitious owner or a nice place lost their best staff...

I saw you have the hostal on your list - but that's not a recommendation, right? I'm new to your sight, but I have already found some really good pieces of information.

you'll have a new review in March, anyway rolleyes

#7557 - 11/19/04 12:23 PM Re: Barcelona, Hostal Centric, reviews?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Greenshank wrote:
Quote:
I saw you have the hostal on your ( Barcelona Hostels ) list - but that's not a recommendation, right?
That's correct. The pages list all hostels with a website regardless of their level of quality & reputation. Those in the boxes at the top are "Highlighted Hostels" but does not imply a recommendation.

Only on the Madrid Hostels pages have I given my personal endorsement/recommendation (in the text discussing Madrid Hostels) of a few at which I've had good experiences. I've yet to stay at any hostels in Barcelona, though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7558 - 03/19/05 12:22 PM Re: Barcelona, Hostal Centric, reviews?
Greenshank Offline

So, now I'm back home. cool

Review as I promised:

Hostal Centric is situated a few minutes walk from Plaza Catalunya, near "everything" and easy to find. I stayed in an "economic" room, with shared bathroom - that's always a gamble, right?
The bathroom (shower) was shared with two other rooms, and it was spotless!
Room itself was small, but as my nephew said "we're not spending too much time in the room anyway"... It had a miniature balcony, which we used as fridge.

For the price (42 € per night, booked through hostelworld, the prices on the hostal's own site is higher, maybe the season changed?) I think we got a nice room.
It's not a party hostel, but the walls are thin so we were woken in the wee hours by one drunken neighbour.
no breakfast but finding a café in Barcelona is easy-peasy wink

All in all we had a good stay, a middle aged auntie and her 15yo nephew.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments