Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7067 - 06/01/04 02:34 PM Booking reservations through granadainfo.com
bsingh Offline

Loc: USA
Anyone have any good/bad experiences using this website to actually reserve places ?

I know they have been referenced a lot here, but my search did not bring up any hits on people actually using there web tool to reserve a place etc.

We have Boabdil House in Granada and San Vicente Apt in Sevilla on tap....

tx
B

#7068 - 06/01/04 11:54 PM Re: Booking reservations through granadainfo.com
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I used them once and had no problems with the booking. We stayed in an apartment in Granada. They had a disclaimer about noise from a bar, but failed to mention that the neighborhood recycling bins were right below our window. The bar noise was typical but the noise from the breaking glass for several hours was awful. However it was a very nice apartment and very inexpensive.

#7069 - 06/02/04 08:49 AM Re: Booking reservations through granadainfo.com
bsingh Offline

Loc: USA
tx

#7070 - 06/03/04 01:56 AM Re: Booking reservations through granadainfo.com
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
booking with them wasn't the problem my friends and i had. the 3 of us had reserved one of the escritores apartments and loved it when we got there.

the next morning, someone was taking a shower and a waterfall ensued in the master bedroom bathroom! repairs would take days so we asked to be moved to another apartment.

that didn't work out. we paid for a 2-room, 2-bathroom apartment - which was airy, clean and spacious.

what they offered us after the incident was a 1-room, 1-bathroom place with a sofa bed in the living room. it was dark, cold, musty and so much smaller. then we were given another choice (2 1-room, 1-bathroom apartments) which would separate us! (never mind that the units were again dark and musty...and filled with ants.)

the worst bit about all these was the fact that the only refund we were going to get back was 24 euros. it was like a slap in the face.

in the end (after a lot of time wasted on the phone talking to the persons in charge), we continued staying at the 1st apartment and the couple upstairs moved out. and we took our showers without the lights. (water was gushing out earlier from an area around the lighting.)

although it wasn't directly linked to granadainfo.com, i thought i'd just let everyone know anyway. it was a slight setback but online bookings for any place is a bit like that, isn't it? still, we loved the apartment, despite the niagara effect. and jesus (the guy who manages the place for the owners) was absolutely helpful.

have fun in granada - it was the perfect place for us to chill out. (it was cold and drizzling when we were there about 4 weeks back...but that did little to dampen the mood.) enjoy the free tapas that comes with your wine!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1598 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments