Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6664 - 03/03/04 02:23 PM Madrid: Hostal Chelo
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I have just returned from a pleasant trip in Spain. I finished the trip with two nights in Madrid at Hostal Chelo and must say that I continue to be quite content with this hostal.

I met Antonio this time and he helped steer me to a couple eating places. Hostal Chelo is situated very close to the Gran Vía metro stop and is easy to walk to. It has many restaurantes and an incredible bakery nearby. You can find Restaurante Vivares a half a block north of the hostal and the bakery in the middle of the first block south of the hostal. Perhaps Antonio can help me with the name...I can't remember it at the moment!!! Maybe it is El Hornado San Onofre or something like that. There is also a good pizza place called Vesubio with two nearby locations. The one on Horteleza is small a very busy and there is a larger one just off of Grand Vía on Calle Gonzalo de Quesada with a large dining room. There is also a self help laudry facility one block north of the hostal.

The rooms at Hostal Chelo are extremely clean and well kept. My room had two twin beds, a small desk, closet, and the bathroom had a half tub, plenty of HOT water, etc. There was also a TV. The beds and pillows are comfortable and the sheets soft. The heat is turned off during the day which is typical in Spain and kept at a comfortable level at night.

I like the location because it is just a 5-7 minute walk to Puerta del Sol. I like to visit the touristy hubs but do not like to stay there. I prefer seeing places which are not just for tourists. I buy my breakfast the night before at the bakery and eat it in the room the next morning. I can get anywhere using the metro and I like to walk on Gran Vía. The shops on Horteleza are interesting and I also enjoy the walk on C/Fuencarral. It is out of the tourist crowd yet still close to everything.

Thumbs up for Hostal Chelo !!!!!

#6665 - 04/30/04 07:42 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Chelo
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
My neighbors have just returned from a trip to Spain. They stayed at a fancy hotel (Miguel Ángel Occidental) when they arrived but finished the trip at Hostal Chelo. They said that their room at the fancy hotel was incredible but they felt very removed from city. Their last nights with Antonio and his family at Hostal Chelo were great. The room was clean and noise was not a problem. They loved the location in relation to the center of Madrid and the Horno San Onofre bakery.

By the way, this couple speaks NO Spanish.

Thanks Antonio!!! laugh laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2071 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments