Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6819 - 04/06/04 01:56 AM Hotel in Barcelona? "Dali route"?
KateP Offline

Loc: Finland
Hi,

Me and my boyfriend will spend some days in Barcelona in beginning of August and we are looking for a place to stay - can you recommend a hotel for us?

This is our first time in Barcelona, and I guess we would like to stay in the city centre (is that the best place?), in a ~ 2 or 3 star hotel. Personally I prefer smaller hotels to big chains, but I am not so picky about these things, as long as it is clean..

If you have any good tips concerning car rental and the "Dali route" (Port Lligat, Figueres, Pubol), please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
K

#6820 - 04/06/04 11:27 AM Re: Hotel in Barcelona? "Dali route"?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Last summer my family and I stayed at the 3-star Hotel Turin. It's just a few blocks of the Rambla--near the top near the Plaza Catalunya. You're right in the center of everything--easy walking distance to port and Barri Gotic, but I found it nice to be a little bit off the beaten track of the Rambla--not as much noise, etc.

The rooms weren't spectacular, but they were clean and well-appointed. Good-sized bathroom.

The hotel website is www.hotelturin.com

#6821 - 04/07/04 03:49 AM Re: Hotel in Barcelona? "Dali route"?
KateP Offline

Loc: Finland
Many thanks, gracias!
Sunny regards,
K

#6822 - 04/12/04 12:24 PM Re: Hotel in Barcelona? "Dali route"?
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
I have been to Barcelona many times and I have only stayed in 2 hotels both of which just suits me fine. Hotel Turin is one of them though this would only be my second choice. My first choice would have to be Hotel Continental right on La Rambla and only a few blocks away from Hotel Turin.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_ramblas.htm

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2608 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments