Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5860 - 07/09/03 12:31 PM Hostal Suecia, Granada
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
The Hostal Suecia, near the Campo del Principe which has numerous restaurants, lies at the end of a quiet street. It's a lovely old house with large rooms, some of which have a private bath. One of its best features is the rooftop terrace where you can have breakfast in nice weather. The views are terrific. It's also a great place to enjoy a glass of wine as you watch the sun set. 45 Euros or thereabout.

#5861 - 07/11/03 09:49 PM Re: Hostal Suecia, Granada
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I stayed at Hostal Atenas while in Granada. It had a good location - #38 Gran Via de Colon - Main street going into the center of town and right on the bus line. It was clean, comfortable and was only about 24 euros a night with shower.The staff spoke several different languages (including english) fluently and were very helpful. http://www.hostalatenas.com

#5862 - 02/13/04 02:58 PM Re: Hostal Suecia, Granada
RedRedWine Offline

Loc: Wilmington, NC
Could someone tell me how to contact the Hostal Suecia, near the Campo del Principe? It sounds like just the place we are looking for but I can't seem to find the way to contact them.

#5863 - 02/13/04 03:29 PM Re: Hostal Suecia, Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I found the following information at the Alastair Sawday\'s Special Places to Stay site for Hostal Suecia:

Hostal Suecia
Hostal Suecia is hidden away at the end of a quiet little street at the foot of the Alhambra hill. It seems hard to believe that you're in the centre of the city... You can read more about Hostal Suecia in the Special Places to Stay guide to Spain.

Details for Hostal Suecia:
Mari-Carmen Cerdan Mejías
Hostal Suecia, Hostal Suecia, Calle Molinos (Huerta de los Angeles) 8, 18009 Granada, Granada
tel: +34 958 225044
fax: +34 958 225044

rooms: 11 twins/doubles.

price: €43. VAT included.

meals: Breakfast €4.

closed: Rarely.
------------------
Seems contact is only by telephone/FAX. There are a couple photos at the above link but none of the rooms themselves. Good luck and enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5864 - 02/15/04 04:36 PM Re: Hostal Suecia, Granada
omeyas Offline

Loc: UK
Agree, they are not the easiest to get in touch with! I finally phoned them up from UK, spoke to some guy in Spanish, and they faxed me back in English! I also sent a fax (they don't have e-mail, certainly not a web page!)in Spanish asking that they confirm the booking, got a fax back with "OK" written on it and the hotel stamp. So I "think" I'm booked in for May! smile Communication is not their strong point it would seem.
They didn't mention breakfast, but price they gave me for a double room with bathroom was 50 Euros.

Frank

#5865 - 02/23/04 11:31 AM Re: Hostal Suecia, Granada
RedRedWine Offline

We have decided to try the Hostal Suecia in Granada in May. Sounds like a very nice place. We phoned on Saturday and spoke to a gentleman that spoke some English, my husband speaks some Spanish so they did okay. He requested that we fax our reservations in. I faxed this morning, hopefully we will hear from them soon. He also quoted us 50 Euros for a double. Which isn't bad if it's as nice as it sounds.

For those of you that have stayed there, did you notice if parking would be a problem?

#5866 - 02/24/04 08:55 AM Re: Hostal Suecia, Granada
omeyas Offline

Loc: UK
We are also booked in there for 4 days in May! When I asked about parking, I was told it was available in the street, possibly the next street. Previously, when I have been told this in Spain, it has meant about a hundred people fighting for one or two places!

#5867 - 02/24/04 02:31 PM Re: Hostal Suecia, Granada
RedRedWine Offline

Omeyas - that's what I was afraid of. I guess as long as we can park long enough to drop our luggage inside it really doesn't matter how far away we have to park since being in Spain means most of the time we will be walking. Due to the fact that I have yet to learn how to be a smart packer I really wouldn't want to walk far with the luggage.

I was impressed with the response time from Hostal Suecia. I faxed our reservation request yesterday a.m. and received a confirmation (by fax) before noon today. This completed our reservations for the trip so now we can sit back and anticipate the vacation! laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1927 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments