Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6475 - 02/08/04 02:40 PM Hostales in Pontevedra, Galicia
SpaniardUSA Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Going to be spending a couple of days (late February) in Spain on way back to the States from Africa. Looking for reasonable and clean accomodations in Pontevedra or Rias Bajas area for a couple of days. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, most economical and quickest way to travel from Madrid to Pontevedra in Galicia? Trying to avoid buying a plane ticket. Car rental? train?

#6476 - 02/08/04 06:06 PM Re: Hostales in Pontevedra, Galicia
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
There is a country home ouside of Pontevedra called Granja O Castelo ( http://www.turismo-rural.com/castelo/ ). It is not cheap but appears to be very interesting. I have had several written correspondances with Marcelo and plan to stay there two nights this summer with two of my kids. We will have a car, but I think that if you fly to Vigo they will pick you up.

#6477 - 02/17/04 10:55 PM Re: Hostales in Pontevedra, Galicia
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
About 4 years ago my family stayed at Hostal El Molino in A Guarda (southern most point of the Rias Bajas). I know that they had a website, but I can't find it now. It was beach front, faced the river Miño/Portugal. Beautiful view. They had both rooms and "apartments". This place was very "basic" meaning not at all luxurious, but had the necesitities. And it was cheap for the location it had. It was on Playa Camposancos and was about 2km from town.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments