Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6305 - 12/14/03 01:50 PM madrid hotel plaza mayor a review.
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
just got back from staying at hotel plaza mayor . Its brilliant so central, it was spotlessly clean , rooms slightly small but functional, no street noise but occasional noise from corridors.The staff were polite and friendly.We ate in the small bar at the bottom floor no complaints there either.cost was 117 euros for 2 nights for double room

#6306 - 12/15/03 04:07 PM Re: madrid hotel plaza mayor a review.
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Thanks for the review. It's actually very timely for me as I'm in the process of trying to decide where to stay for 2 nights in Madrid.

The first night I arrive (after a transatlantic flight) at 8:30 in the evening and leave the next day (AVE to Sevilla). So, I'd like a place where it's somewhat central that I can grab a quick tapa and drinks before I crash for an early night. Then I need somewhere I can stay for my final evening the following Saturday night.

I was actually looking at this place as it seemed to be central, clean, and reasonably priced.

How far would the walk to the Plaza Santa or Sol? I think around 10 minutes which would make this a perfect location.

Thanks again for the review.

#6307 - 12/15/03 04:35 PM Re: madrid hotel plaza mayor a review.
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hi CathyM,

I've never stayed at Hotel Plaza Mayor, but I've seen it last trip, a pink colored building is hard to miss. And if it takes you 10 minutes to walk to Puerto del Sol, you'd be walking at a very leisurely pace. The Atocha train station, where you would pick up the AVE, is somewhere between a 20 and 30 minute leisurely stroll.
I just checked the map for the Hotel, and it is right on Calle Atocha, which at the end of, is the Atocha train station. It would be kind of a long walk, not too bad if you're in shape. I'd catch a taxi thought, from the train station to the hotel and vice versa. I guess that's from the point of view of a 45 year old, not on a very tight budget.

#6308 - 12/15/03 06:58 PM Re: madrid hotel plaza mayor a review.
biotechsolutions Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
Hi Cathy,

The Hotel Carlton is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Puetro Del Sol and is basically across the street from the train station. Very clean and good sized rooms, book on Orbitz and it's 73,00 euros per nite.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments