Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2647 - 07/03/01 10:52 AM Hostal Alhambra (Madrid)
andyeccles Offline

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
I stayed at the Hostal Alhambra at the end of June for two nights with my wife and two daughters. We booked a family room which was spacious and had five comfortable single beds. The cost was 12840pts per night which although is not cheap, but when you look at the location of the hostal, it couldn't really be more central.
It is situated on Espoz y Mina which is a road off the Plaza Puerta del Sol. The metro station is two minutes away (one of those minutes is taken to cross the road)and literally hundreds of restaurants and bars are within a few minutes walk.The Madrid Vision buses for all three routes leave from Puerta del Sol, which is a very good way of seeing the city as you can hop on and off at your leisure. The Plaza Mayor is five minutes walk away and Retiro Park and the Prado Museum are within easy walking distance.I haven't been to Madrid before but in comparison to some hotels we have stayed in before in Paris, Barcelona etc, this one is quite reasonable. You can book on line though I have forgotten their web address. Minus points are that there isn't a lift and the air conditioning is controlled by the staff. I would still recommend this hostal
smile

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2648 - 07/03/01 11:09 AM Re: Hostal Alhambra (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi andyeccles!! Welcome to the group and thanks SO much for taking the time to post your comments about Hostal Alhambra . Yours is THE FIRST to give feedback about this hostel. Thanks a lot! Your comments can only help others in the future who are trying to decide between the many available in Madrid. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#2649 - 11/23/03 02:24 PM Re: Hostal Alhambra (Madrid)
der_geograf Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hello andyeccles:

I used your review to make a decision to stay at the Alhambra. Thanks for the info! This will be my first time in Madrid, even though I have wanted to go since high school.

#2650 - 11/26/03 07:43 AM Re: Hostal Alhambra (Madrid)
silvia Offline

Loc: budapest
We (2ps) are going to Madrid next weekend and as I see there is some kinde of national holiday, and it is difficult to get a room! Do you know anything about hostal Corbero? or do you have a better suggestion in this price range? confused

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1601 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments