Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5985 - 08/17/03 12:11 PM Bed sizes
PakShoe Offline

Hello crowd!

I was just curious about bed sizes in Madrid. I need to reserve a room for next week and some of the hostals advertise single, double and triple rooms. We are a couple, so the question is: do we fit in a "single" room? What size bed can we expect? Is double room two separate beds or just larger bed?

Thanks for the info.

#5986 - 08/17/03 03:56 PM Re: Bed sizes
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
A single room usually means a room for only 1 person and it's not big enough for a couple.

The Spanish equivalente for a double room ("habitación doble") usually means a twin room. That is, two separate beds.

If you want a double bed, then ask for a "cama de matrimonio".

#5987 - 08/17/03 04:34 PM Re: Bed sizes
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A double room could be two twin-sized beds in one room intended for two OR you may get a double bed - a bed big enough for two persons.

I have to tell you that in my experience beds in Spain are typically smaller than those in the USA in your standard hotel room but I think that's beginning to change with world-travel as it is today. I should also say that it seems to me the beds in hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish) are typically smaller/shorter-in-length than those in hotels

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5988 - 08/19/03 05:59 PM Re: Bed sizes
PakShoe Offline

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. I asked for the cama de matrimonio. Let's hope for the best. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments