Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5498 - 03/24/03 02:13 PM Help! Feria in Sevilla
elfroggy27 Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX, USA
I was planning to stay with a friend in Sevilla from 4/23 - 4/30, and some cirumstances beyond our control have changed the plans - I have the time off work and the plane tickets, but I need to find a place to stay for the week. I will be there for the first few days of feria, will finding a hostal/pension be impossible or cost me a fortune? Any ideas on where to look? Thanks!

#5499 - 03/24/03 09:16 PM Re: Help! Feria in Sevilla
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It will DEFINITELY be very difficult and yes, you will likely pay a small fortune - or at least double the normal going rate. I'd start searching this forum using SEVILLA (or SEVILLE) HOTEL as your keywords and start checking out the websites. Chances are, the ones with websites will be full first so you may have to start going down lists of those without websites and call them by phone until you find one with availability. Be sure to have all the normal questions ready to READ to them when you call. You can surely get their addresses on the internet and then can probably find them on an internet map as well and then choose the one with the best location and/or best price.

Start with this list of links and descriptions of hostels/hostales, pensions/pensiones, and youth-hostels/albergues juveniles in Sevilla which have websites: http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Andalucia/Sevilla/Sevilla/ . DO IT NOW! Every day that passes means fewer rooms available.

We're having the same problem for Semana Santa in San Sebastián-Donostia. rolleyes Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute, eh? (wasn't MY idea to wait this long )

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5500 - 03/29/03 09:50 AM Re: Help! Feria in Sevilla
elfroggy27 Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX, USA
Thanks for your quick response! I have sent out about a million emails and will start making calls on Monday if I have not heard responses yet. I had always heard that the rates skyrocket during feria, but this is crazy! It looks like the only availability is going to be pretty far from everything of interest in Sevilla, but I guess I will get to know the bus system.
Good luck with your search in San Sebastian!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments