Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5501 - 03/25/03 02:51 PM Madrid: Situation-Rizos
superk Offline

Loc: Chicago
Rizos! I was unable to reply to your email! My group had no problems in Spain with anti-war /anti-American centimate. In fact, the Spaniards we met and talked with expressed more curiosity about our feelings towards the war and our president than hostility. However, we are young 20-somethings, so I'm not sure how much that effected our responses.
Our hotel in Madrid (Hostal Adriano) is near Puerta del Sol where one of the largest protests were held, and it was a bit nerve wracking at first, but we experienced no ill-will.
Still, I wouldn't go around sporting an American Flag or pro-Bush t-shirt!
Have a great time.
KV wink

#5502 - 03/25/03 05:23 PM Re: Madrid: Situation-Rizos
Rizos Offline

Thank you for your response! I've cancelled my trip to Madrid; not b/c of the demonstration but more practical reasons. I'll stay instead in Andalucia and spend the weekend driving around the area. I'll do Madrid another time...

#5503 - 03/26/03 02:28 PM Re: Madrid: Situation-Rizos
superk Offline

Loc: Chicago
Rizos-
So sorry you will miss out on Madrid, but I envy the time you will have down south!
If you are spending any length of time in Seville, I would recommend renting an apartment from Sevilla5.com. We stayed in one of the apartments (Arfe) listed under 'personal style' and loved it!!
It is located in El Arenal, just a short walk from the Cathedral & Plaza Neuva.
Hope this helps!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments