MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4901 - 12/07/02 09:21 AM Sevilla:Hostales Paco y Gravina
AmbassadorTex Offline

Loc: USA
"...won't you please, please help me!"
Thank you, Paul and John.

Do any of you have any familiarity with Hostal Paco\'s or Hostal Gravina in Seville?
Both are in the 26-27EURO / night range.

We've just found out that we've been victims of some false offers of hospitality mad mad and now have no place to stay in Seville December 26 and 27.
Most of the great places I found doing a MM search were out of our price range (I wish we could stay at Atenas !!).

Obviously, we have to make arrangements soon since we're leaving for Spain on Dec. 19.

>> LISTEN at www.wshafm.org Spread the word! <<

#4902 - 12/07/02 10:21 AM Re: Sevilla:Hostales Paco y Gravina
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
eek Yikes!! Would you care to tell use WHOM/WHICH was responsible for the false promises of hospitality??? Sorry to hear about that, AmbassadorTex. That's a shame.

I haven't heard anything about these two places yet but hope you've done a SEARCH here in this forum just in case. If you stay at either, will you please give us your detailed reviews for future travelers? Thanks.

Try www.Google.com and use keywords SEVILLA +HOSTAL and you'll find "hostales" with and without websites. You may have to result to calling some on the phone if they don't have websites in order to check availability.

Other than Google, you can find the same results, at least those with websites, at http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Andalucia/Sevilla/Sevilla/

Good luck and keep us posted!! Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4903 - 12/07/02 01:32 PM Re: Sevilla:Hostales Paco y Gravina
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
From the Rick Steves' guidebook:
Hostal Good Sleep, Farnesio 8, 95-421-7492 €24-30
It is in the Santa Cruz Neighborhood and he says it is a homey, backpacker-type place with cheery tiles.......and cheaply furnished rooms. Friendly Rene and Myriam speak English

This is straight from the book....I have no first hand knowledge of this place!!! It was the only place in the book in that price range.

Did you check other tour books?

#4904 - 12/08/02 12:31 AM Re: Sevilla:Hostales Paco y Gravina
AmbassadorTex Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks for the sympathy. I did do a search already (I've gotten that bit of MM etiquette down! wink )

I'm going to try the usual Google search, too, but I always augment my internet flailings with solid MM community info!

I contacted 2 hostales - Nevada and Arias.
Nevada has already replied with a very kind and helpful e-mail. The price is better at Arias, so I hope they get back to me.

I'll have to call Paco's and Gravina...which means I'll have to get an international calling plan (Last time I called Spain it was $2 / minute!!).

MM: don't worry, the hospitality problem doesn't involve anyone here (not even lurkers!). Just someone I know who may have made a generous offer out of courtesy without thinking it through first (or considering that I might actually have a chance to accept!)

You'll definitely get a full report from me when we get back - including an account of the Madrid gathering on the 28!

>> LISTEN at www.wshafm.org Spread the word! <<

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1799 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments