Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4328 - 06/14/02 01:57 PM San Sebastian Hostels
travler Offline

I have done a few searches and have not found anything previously discussed about where to stay in San Sabastian. Does anyone know about any hostels or cheap hotels there? We will be there on July 8th. Also if anyone can give some input on what they like or don't like about San Sabastian that would be great! laugh Thanks so much.

#4329 - 06/14/02 08:06 PM Re: San Sebastian Hostels
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
Can´t help with hotel/hostal information. You might check the El Correo Español (is that one of the SS newspapers?) What´s NOT to like about SS. It is wonderful city, beautiful beach, incredible tapas (which you have to pay for!), and excellent restaurants.
A cheap restaurant, near the main plaza, is the Kotxka (I think that is the correct spelling). A whopping €6 for a decent lunch, including wine. Nothing fancy, but you can´t beat the price.
Beti Jai is decent place if you have money.
Don´t forget La Cepa, a standard in the old part, for a nice plate of ham. Good restaurant, too, for that matter.

#4330 - 06/15/02 02:08 PM Re: San Sebastian Hostels
miche_dup1 Offline

hello trav
please let us know where you stayed in SS thinking of going there myself. Have a lovely trip smile

#4331 - 06/15/02 02:27 PM Re: San Sebastian Hostels
Cortés Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Check this site for a list of many hoteles, hostales and pensiones in San Sebastián:
www.paisvasco.net/turismorecept/index.html
Several of those pensiones and hostales have their own web site but they are not linked in that site.
You can click on them but you won't get their web site. You can go to a search engine like http://www.altavista.com, and write the name of the hostales, add a plus sign (+) then write San Sebastian and you will get some of those web sites (but not all).
Example: (write the following in the search field):
hostal gran bahia +San Sebastian...then press enter.

I found all these if you are interested (hopefully I'm doing this right!):
www.pensionaldamar.com
www.pensionbikain.com
www.pensiondonostiarra.com
www.paisvasco.com/granbahia
www.pensionkaia.com
www.pensioneaso.com
There are more...keep searching!
I will be visiting Donostia in October, staying for 4 days at Hostal Alemana.
www.paisvasco.com/hostalalemana/eng.html
Cost = 60 euros + 7% tax for a double.
I promise I will write about this hostal when I come back...and will check others too.
By the way, you want to see a nice picture of San Sebastián?
Check the pic on www.hlondres.com. That look nice! Just the way I remember it :-)
Good luck!!!
Ernesto Cortés

#4332 - 06/15/02 02:57 PM Re: San Sebastian Hostels
miche_dup1 Offline

Wow! Thanks Cortes!
Searching them now, cheers,
and have a lovely trip!

#4333 - 06/17/02 04:04 PM Re: San Sebastian Hostels
travler Offline

Thank you so much for your responses. You have been very helpful. I will be sure to give a review of where we decide to stay after I get back in July. Thanks again!

#4334 - 06/17/02 06:13 PM Re: San Sebastian Hostels
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hey!

While in San Sebastian, you have to eat at two places: one called Juanxto (or something similiar) which has excellent sandwiches and tapas, and another called el Mejillon - which has great mussels, and patatas bravas. Both are in la parte vieja - the old section of the city. Enjoy your stay. San Sebastian is awesome in the summer.

BK

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1584 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments