Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3923 - 04/03/02 12:35 PM hotel plaza mayor
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I am thinking of booking a room in the Hotel Plaza Mayor which has gotten consistently high marks from folks on this site. I have one lingering question for those of you have stayed there: can the A/C be individually controlled from your room or are you at the mercy of the hotel staff for when it is turned on and off?

I should add for folks considering this location that I am so far VERY pleased with my communication with the staff. They responded to my initial email inquiry very promptly and answered all of my questions.

with thanks in advance---

#3924 - 04/03/02 02:57 PM Re: hotel plaza mayor
steve-z Offline

Loc: dallas, tx usa
Wow. I haven't visited this board in months, and when I drop by, there's a question I can answer. Cool.

I've stayed at Hotel Plaza Mayor twice and as I recall there is a small AC/Heater unit attached to the wall in the room. You can adjust with a little remote control if you can figure it out. You might want to ask the friendly staff for a quick lesson.

Otherwise the Hotel is great. The location is absolutely unbeatable, the staff is helpful, everything is clean, and the attached cafe is handy if not memorable. It's a bit more expensive than some of the budget hostals in the area, but a bargain by US standards.

When I was last there (March '01), Plaza Provincia was totally torn up for the construction of a traffic tunnel. It sapped some of the charm from the neighborhood, but I would stay there anyway.

Have fun,
Steve

#3925 - 04/03/02 03:08 PM Re: hotel plaza mayor
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Thank you, Steve-Z, for your answer to my question about A/C at the Hotel Plaza Mayor--I've posted several questions on this message board in the last few days, but this is the first one to be answered!--I appreciate your help.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1863 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments