Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3782 - 03/06/02 10:16 AM Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
janp Offline

Has anyone ever stayed at Hostal Residencia Veracruz II on C/de la Victoria 1. This hostal was recommended to me a couple of years ago by a Brit citizen living in Madrid as a cheap centrally located safe hostal. My sister and I are staying in Madrid for 5 nights at the end of June into July. Thank you.

#3783 - 03/06/02 01:55 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I did! I have never seen anyone mention it on this message board. What a great location! I loved calle victoria. The hotel was basic, we had a little tiny balcony and the bathroom was nice and clean. I was happy with it. Friendly staff too. We had a TV in our room, which I never require but I happened to catch "El precio justo" (I think that was the name) - the spanish version of the price is right, pretty entertaining. There was also a great restaurant a half a block away on the opposite side of the street. It wasn't the largest room I had in spain but it was nice and I'd stay there again.

Funny side story, though - we had been out until about 5AM and were sleeping very soundly one morning in that hotel. At 9 or 10AM a guy with a synthesizer and a trumpet started playing loudly right outside our window. It was like something out of a movie. It made me laugh so hard I had to get up and take a walk while my angry boyfriend slept. Victoria really isn't a noisy street. I'm sure that guy doesn't play on that corner every morning. It was just one of those "so absurd you have to laugh" moments.

#3784 - 03/06/02 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I just looked for a Veracruz II website for you - I can't find one. All I know is that it cost about 7000 pts/night in November 2000 and it is on the corner of c. victoria and San Jeronimo for anyone who wants to find it.

#3785 - 03/07/02 01:06 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
janp Offline

Thanks, Chicagoan, for the reply. Maybe I too will be serenaded while in Madrid. wink

#3786 - 03/07/02 01:43 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You can SEE the address in photos (and map) HERE . (on the www.QDQ.com site) They show three views of the address.. be sure to click on the numbers 2, 3 below the photo. View number 3 shows the front door from a directly in-front perspective.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3787 - 03/20/02 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Residencia Veracruz II Yes or No???
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
MM...What a SWEET website! I've been walking all over Madrid for the better part of 30 minutes. Thanks for helping me find another way to waste my free time!! :p I wish I'd known about this site when I was teaching...this is a great site!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments