Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3799 - 03/10/02 05:37 PM Secure hostel with CreditCard via email?
tonyt Offline

Loc: Australia
I need some advice on the normal procedures followed when confirming a booking. Is it normal and secure to give one's credit card details via email? Has anyone done this with say Hostal Dulcinea?

#3800 - 03/10/02 06:06 PM Re: Secure hostel with CreditCard via email?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi tonyt!
Hostels requiring a credit card to secure reservations is pretty normal. Many people would suggest faxing your credit card data instead of via email as faxing is more secure.

I just did a search for you in the forum and found the following useful and relative threads:

" Hostel Dulcinea, other questions... "

" Stopping fake bookings "

" Question about sending credit card info "

" credit card number (okay via email?) "

" Question about sending credit card info "

Good luck and have a great time in Madrid and throughout Spain!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3801 - 03/10/02 07:17 PM Re: Secure hostel with CreditCard via email?
tonyt Offline

Loc: Australia
Many thanks MadridMan, for the prompt response!
This forum is a real goldmine of useful practical info, which I am still in the process of mining for my Spain/Portugal trip in May/June. Congrats!

#3802 - 03/18/02 10:47 PM Re: Secure hostel with CreditCard via email?
visagegyc Offline

Loc: Colorado
I recently had to respond to the parador system when my CC number did not go through. My very computer-savvy husband says that e-mail is relatively secure, as it is not "form" oriented, so hackers are not likely to pick out credit card numbers in the odd e-mail. Concerned about who might have access to the e-mail on the other side, I made sure to transmit my response during business hours and got a response in a secure form. So, while I wouldn't make a habit of e-mailing my cc to the masses, I felt safe to do so in this case!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1574 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments