Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3794 - 03/09/02 03:23 AM Rey Don Jaime 1, Barcelona
ElaineK Offline

Loc: UK
Have been offered quadruple rooms at the above hotel in October for 84 euros a night, which seems very cheap. Anybody stayed there please? Any opinions?

#3795 - 03/09/02 09:51 AM Re: Rey Don Jaime 1, Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Do you mean the HOSTAL Rey Don Jaime I on Jaume I 11? (their email is r.d.jaime@atriumhotels.com ) While it doesn't seem they have a website, I did find all the basic information (no photos) HERE on the Softguides Barcelona site .

84€ doesn't sound TOO cheap for a quadruple hostel to me. I'm not sure about the location either though. You might look up the address on the CAMPSA.es site.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3796 - 03/10/02 04:31 AM Re: Rey Don Jaime 1, Barcelona
ElaineK Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks for your help. Yes I'm sure that's the one, although their email header said "Hotel" rather than hostal and the address on it was Jaime I 11, not Jaume, but it's the same email address as you quote.

#3797 - 03/10/02 10:48 AM Re: Rey Don Jaime 1, Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You know, a number of the hostels in Madrid seem to call themselves "Hotel" from time to time too so maybe this is the same case. I just checked HotelSearch.com and there they are listed as HOTEL Rey Don Jaime I, on Calle Jaime I, 11 and their phone number is 93-310-6208.

Still, while not likely, it IS conceivable that they have BOTH a hostel AND a hotel in the same building. I've seen this setup before, but not sure if it's like this in this case.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3798 - 03/17/02 11:50 AM Re: Rey Don Jaime 1, Barcelona
sepa Offline

about Jaime 1 in Barcelona: we stayed there three nights with 4 people in one room and it's really a marvellous place to stay. Very clean room and bathroom, right in the beautiful old centre. The price however increased a lot, I would say, we payed 90.000 Pts., in 1999, which is about 50 Euro's. And, it's a bit noisy on the street (the carbidgecar starts at 4.00 in the morning or so)at nig, so bring your ear-plugs.
Good luck anyway.
Sepa.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2787 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments