Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3805 - 03/14/02 01:08 AM Need to book in late August/early September?
Lyndel Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi! My husband to be and myself are visiting Spain from 25 August to 6 September. We are Australian's who have never been to Europe. After staying in Barcelona for a few days we are heading up towards San Sebastian then down to Madrid. Will we need to book accommodation and trains/buses/rental cars at this time of year?

Any help is appreciated - thanks! wink

#3806 - 03/14/02 11:54 AM Re: Need to book in late August/early September?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I would suggest booking a rental car online or through a reservations agent, just to be sure you will get the size and features you would like (you can probably even do this once you arrive in Spain, if you find an internet cafe--just check some prices and locations online beforehand so that you know which agency to use). I have sometimes found that, with things like car rentals, you are at the mercy of the agent if you show up with your tons of luggage and a desperate look on your faces! Then you're told that the only car available is a super-size Mercedes for $1000 a week or something like that!!

I have also found that accomodations are quite plentiful at that time of year, though--as long as you're not coming into town just as a festival is taking place.

I don't know about trains and buses at that time of year--but someone on the board is certain to have lots of info about those!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1599 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments