Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3682 - 02/26/02 05:52 PM Plaza Mayor in Madrid?
little_grizzly Offline

Loc: Dallas
Is this a good area to stay at?

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: little_grizzly ]

#3683 - 02/26/02 07:22 PM Re: Plaza Mayor in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Which Plaza Mayor? Nearly every city in Spain has one. In fact, it's argued that the Plaza Mayor in Salamanca is THE most beautiful in all of Spain. I like the quaint little Plaza Mayor of Chinchon myself - it's oddly shaped as is the one in Navalcarnero. Usually staying around any city's "Plaza Mayor" is a good and central place.

Please let us know to which city you are referring and we'll be very happy to help. Thanks! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3684 - 02/26/02 08:29 PM Re: Plaza Mayor in Madrid?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Yes, MM, the Plaza Mayor of Salamanca is fabulous--my very favorite spot on earth (so far)!

Tara smile

#3685 - 02/26/02 08:56 PM Re: Plaza Mayor in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've visited Salamanca's Plaza Mayor twice and it IS beautiful. Last time, in 1998, it was being renovated and largely covered. Shame, really. However, I don't recall seeing any signs for hostels nearby, but don't doubt there were a few.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3686 - 02/27/02 12:42 PM Re: Plaza Mayor in Madrid?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
In 1561, when Phillip II decided that Madrid was going to be Spain´s capital we also thought that this small village (20.000 people)would need a big square where to celebrate it´s festivals, fairs etc.....Madrid´s Plaza Mayor was born.
Situated right in the city center is one of the coolest places to stay but I don´t think there is any Hotel in the Plaza.

Regards,
André

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1989 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments