Hi all,

My girlfriend and me were in Madrid from December, 30 to January, 2. We were staying at Hostal Andorra , situed in Gran via on 7th floor of the same bulding as Hotel Regente just few minutes from plazza Carmen.
I used MadridMan's Message Board to find an available free room during the end of November. Here, you can find a quick story of my hostal research and then of my trip.

We are from Bordeaux, France and we came by car via Donostia, Bilbao and Burgos. We stayed one night in Donostia in Pension Easo. With a night at the price of 5000 pts, we found our stay cheap. I would like to mention that we appreciated spanish autovias network. We only payed at one toll when we were travelling from Bilbao to Burgos. As we came back from Madrid to Bordeaux directly we were able to use the entire N. I which is completely free and almost all the time 2 times 2 ways. We had difficulties to find a place to park our car. The first two nights we let it in the Plazza Carmen park which is expansive (2500 pts by night) but very secured. The third day we could find a place to park it on the street.

So, in the end of November, almost all the hostals indicated in Madridman's web pages were full for the date i would like to reserve excepted Hostal Andorra and few others.
We payed 7400 pts by night for a very clean double room with complete bathroom. We were very pleased with the reception; All the personnel of the hotel were very kind. From 7th floor, we though we would have no problem with noise but unfortunately that was not reality. The position of the room was in rear of the bulding, so in direction of Puerta del Sol.
In spite of this fact, we had a very nice stay in Madrid and we hope to come again in the few time. We heard about gran Via in not particular good ways but we liked it and we loved to stay in the heart of the center.

Thanks Madridman for your site !

Val

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]