Spent for 4 nights at Hostal Les Monges Palace in Alicante, having already stayed there on 2 previous occasions.
Several reasons for whinging:
Staff ( actually think its the owner and his wife) seem to have a couldn't care less attitude.

Our Twin room (18) was tiny, 2 beds pushed together with just room for a bedside table each side and about 1 foot space at foot of bed. The bathroom was so small it was difficult to negotiate going in and out- you had to more or less stand in shower to close the door !!

Noise from other rooms and corridors, especially very late at night. On previous stays we've had a corner room so have not had people walking/talking past our door.

Wifi access: They charge 5 euros a day for connecting with your own laptop!
So instead we went to the very friendly Cafe Trebol for breakfast etc and used their free Wifi.

Then what annoyed me the most, when I came to pay by Credit card,(The lady I believe to be the owners wife was on duty) I was charged in GBP, when I protested and said I wanted to be charged in Euros, I was told this was not possible, my credit card would be charged in pounds. The credit card receipt I was given ( after the transaction had been made) stated that I had been given a choice and had chosen to pay in Pounds!!!
I was given no choice!!! I shall be protesting to my own card provider when I get home. I'm not sure if this is just a "scam" by Santander bank or if the Hostal too earns from this. Perhaps someone here knows.
I do know that I won't be returning to Monges Palace, nor will I be recommending it to others ever again.
() / ()