Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9392 - 07/08/08 02:27 PM madrid lodging for family
karenr Offline

Loc: ohio
I'm planning a trip to Madrid next summer with my family with 3 children (11-17). Is anyone familiar with an affordable hostal for 5 people? Or a less expensive hotel where we'd probably have to get 2 rooms. I lived in Madrid years ago in college so I know the city fairly well. We'd probably be there 4 nights. I'm compiling a file so, when it's time to make reservations, I'll have several choices. Thanks!

#9393 - 07/08/08 04:24 PM Re: madrid lodging for family
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
What's your budget?
() / ()

#9394 - 07/08/08 05:10 PM Re: madrid lodging for family
breanne1884 Offline

Loc: Ohio, U.S.
Hello Karen-

I would highly recommend the Hostal Astoria in Puerta del Sol. I have been to Madrid several times and each time I stayed there and was very pleased with the stay. It's clean, quiet compared to most hostals with a large population of students, the staff is friendly and helpful and overall it's the best hostal I stayed in during my time in Spain. I'll include a link below so you can get an idea of the rates. Buen viaje. wave

http://www.hostal-astoria.com/

-Breanne

#9395 - 07/08/08 05:51 PM Re: madrid lodging for family
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Also consider Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com . It's located just up from the Gran Vía, near Chueca, and the rooms are very clean and affordable. Even I've stayed there! I don't know if you can make reservations a year in advance though. They don't have a 5-person room but do have a 4-person room. You'd likely have to get 2 rooms.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9396 - 07/19/08 07:57 AM Re: madrid lodging for family
karenr Offline

Loc: ohio
I'd like to keep our hostal expenses to 100 euros roughly...I'm just beginning the planning stages but, as you can imagine, traveling with 5 will be costly overall. We'll probably need 2 rooms. The Hostal Chelo looks promising...I'll add it to my list!

#9397 - 07/19/08 02:52 PM Re: madrid lodging for family
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
We stay at Hostal Chelo every September. We book around 6 months ahead.
Lovely people, Clean rooms- and they have a lift
and free wifi.
Costings should be well within your budget
() / ()

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments