Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9085 - 12/12/06 10:16 PM Hotel Atlantico
foshmac Offline

Loc: Rio Vista, California
Any comments on this hotel. Is the locations good, and with easy access to the city for seniors who walk slow.

#9086 - 12/13/06 05:44 AM Re: Hotel Atlantico
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello foshmac! To which Hotel Atlantico in Spain are you referring? Once we know that I'll edit the subject link of your thread to reflect the city location. Thanks! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9087 - 01/05/07 02:11 PM Re: Hotel Atlantico
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Foshmac,

If it's the hotel I think it is, I stayed there in 1994. I know it's been totally made-over since then. I can only tell you the location is great. Right across from Plaza Callao and almost on the Gran Via. The rooms were nice even before it was made over. When I was there in 1999, the entire outside was covered with canvas. The only somewhat bad thing about it, is that it's fairly expensive compared to hostals.

#9088 - 01/05/07 06:36 PM Re: Hotel Atlantico
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(originally posted by member lamaestra on 01-05-2007 04:39 PM)

Please give me info on the Best Western Atlantico in Madrid. Gracias!

(follow-up originally posted by LouW on 01-05-2007 05:24 PM)

I had a good experience there and recommend the hotel.

My wife and I stayed for a week at the Atlantico in June 2000. The hotel rooms were being renovated and we were on a newly finished floor. The room & bathroom were small by US standards, but were very clean and very comfortable. We had a floor-to-ceiling french door/window that opened to the side street which was nice for that time of year (the weather was perfect). We made use of the in-room safe. Our rate included a "continental breakfast", but it was really somewhere between a continental breakfast and an all-you-can eat breakfast buffet.

The location was perfect for us. Plaza de Callao is an easy walk to everything: Preciados/El Corte Ingles, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, the Palace, the Opera, Ciebeles, Alcala, Prado, you name it. Of course, Madrid's center is compact enough that a healthy person could walk to most of the sights.

The staff were great. All spoke English (some better than I) and they were gracious about my rusty Spanish. They were also helpful about recommending restaurants, exchanging money, pointing us where we needed to go, arranging a ride back to the airport (they has a free shuttle for our return to Barajas), etc.

From time to time, you can actually see the hotel on one of the Spain Webcams on MM's site. Go to: http://www.traficomadrid.com/Camaras/index1.asp?mapa=PRINCIPAL and select the "Pza. de Callao" camera. If the camera is facing east, you can see the Hotel's marquee on the left (at night its letters are illuminated in blue neon).

Hope this was helpful.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3021 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments