Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8819 - 04/08/06 10:37 PM Pamplona: Hotel Ciudadela/Cuidad del Transporte de Pamplona
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Hola amigos!

I am looking at the Hotel Cuidadela as a possibility. The thing is it claims to be minutes from city center and yet it's address is not Pamplona itself, but "Cuidad del Transporte de Pamplona." Can anyone tell me if hotels located in this area are truly a short cab ride away?

I don't know Pamplona and neither do my parents.
Anyone stayed in Pamplona recently? Any recommendations for lodging/location?

As we will be getting there by rental car, I think ideally we should stay close to the centro historico at a hotel where we can park, instead of staying on an "outskirt" hotel and then driving into town. Not sure though, as we don't know the lay of the land.

(I did a search on Pamplona but it was dated and mainly for hostels and running of the bull event.)

Muchísimas Thanks!

Churrito

wave

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#8820 - 04/09/06 02:13 AM Re: Pamplona: Hotel Ciudadela/Cuidad del Transporte de Pamplona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
As you read, this hotel is on the outskirts of Pamplona city. Their website states there's bus service to Pamplona. I wouldn't guess it's a walkable distance - and even if it is it's likely along roads with no sidewalk and narrow shoulders.

Via Google, I found that "Ciudad del Transporte" is a "Zona industrial con servicios para empresas de transporte" and has a website @ http://www.ciudadtransportepamplona.com/ . There, they have "Parking for heavy trucks", "Warehouses", and docking bays. hehehe.. Sounds like an attractive tourist area. wink Maybe they even have a UPS facility there.

I imagine you've alread looked over the lodging options (those with websites) on the Pamplona Lodgings pages on MadridMan.com, correct?

Keep us posted! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1732 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments