Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8706 - 02/05/06 01:40 AM Madrid: Need info on how to find a host family
lizardbreath Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I am a 36 year old woman looking to stay with a family while I study in Madrid August 2006 through May 2007. I would like to be close to Cibeles, maybe Chueca? Anyone have ideas on how to find a family that has a room to rent?

#8707 - 02/05/06 01:22 PM Re: Madrid: Need info on how to find a host family
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"Host Families" typically only work with educational establishments or language academies directly so if you're in Madrid to study Spanish I would ask the institution at which you're studying to see if they have participating host families.

Apart from this, you could check http://www.VenAMiCasa.com for bedrooms in (typically) "family homes". These wouldn't necessarily be "host families" but rather just bedrooms in a family's house where some food may (or may not) be offered but I don't think it's intended so much as a cultural exchange as it is, simply, that they're renting a room that would otherwise be empty. These rooms are usually rented by the night but no doubt they'd give you a monthly rate. Good luck!

Anyone else have suggestions? Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments